Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do big stores not have a Unisex clothes section?

Options
  • 27-09-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Surely for stores like M&S, Penneys, TK-Max, New Look etc this would make sense as lots of clothes can be worn by both sex's for instance jeans to me are just that. I always looks in both sections if buying a new jeans to see is there anything I like. Plenty of footware and shoes that can be worn by both as well as jumpers and tops. Also surely Unisex changing rooms would make sense too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Sure the whole shop can be unisex as it is.
    Just walk around and buy what you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,659 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

AMKC wrote: »
    Surely for stores like M&S, Penneys, TK-Max, New Look etc this would make sense as lots of clothes can be worn by both sex's for instance jeans to me are just that. I always looks in both sections if buying a new jeans to see is there anything I like. Plenty of footware and shoes that can be worn by both as well as jumpers and tops.

As Addie suggests, the whole shop is unisex already - nothing preventing you from purchasing whatever takes your fancy in whichever department you choose.

Also surely Unisex changing rooms would make sense too.

Segregated sex fitting/changing rooms, also make sense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Surely for stores like M&S, Penneys, TK-Max, New Look etc this would make sense as lots of clothes can be worn by both sex's for instance jeans to me are just that.

apart from when it comes to pockets

content-1534551685-womens-pants-front-pocket.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Most of the womens clothes could pass as unisex, they have suit jackets, unfitted coats, unfitted/baggy t shirts and jumpers.
    I dont think everyone would be comfortable with unisex fitting rooms but id say its going that way, unisex toilets are becoming very common, some places dont even have have male and female bathrooms anymore just unisex ones, id imagine changing rooms will be next to go this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Aren't the cuts different? Women's jeans have a bigger waist:butt and butt:thigh ratio and smaller calfs than guys. The chest area on women's clothes is more roomy, has extra fabric. Guys jeans look baggy/poorly fitted on women and men's t-shirts look stretched or too short at the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Lots of body types have to have clothes altered to fit them, after they’re shop bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

apart from when it comes to pockets

content-1534551685-womens-pants-front-pocket.jpg

Just wear and handbag or manbag problem solved. Sure you can do everything with the phone these days.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement