Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasonable expected lifespan of American Fridge Freezer

Options
  • 14-09-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's reasonable expected lifespan would be for an American style fridge freezer.

Mine is 2 years & 9 months old & appears to have failed.

I'm going to the store tomorrow expecting a row & wanted to be prepared for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

10 to 20 years is what I'd expect.

Yes, at least 20 years, retailers need to be told that consumers do not want short lived rubbish.
    Look at all the school kids protesting today, consumers should be the ones protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yep I’d expect minimum 10 years, 5 from a washing machine as they have a hard life, fridges just sit there running quietly in the background. My last beko fridge freezer was 16 years old and still running strong when I gave it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What wrong with it?

Advertisement