Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon: Buying from EU Countries.

• 04-10-2019 6:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

With Brexit coming up shortly, I was wondering are people buying from "Mainland EU" countries instead of UK?

If so could they tell how they are getting on, best countries to deal with and any useful tips learned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I bought my phone from the French Amazon. Only reason was because it was much cheaper than the UK Amazon. You can use this site to see prices across all of the Amazon sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭septictank

Great site. Does it take much loger than the UK or an extra day or so?

Haven't heard if they have plans to open a warehouse here now the UK are leaving the EU.

septictank wrote: »
    Great site. Does it take much loger than the UK or an extra day or so?

I ordered it on the 21st. It was dispatched on the 23rd. I had it in my hand on the 25th. Similar time to UK deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Buy from Amazon Germany all the time, never had any issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

votecounts wrote: »
    Buy from Amazon Germany all the time, never had any issue

Im trying to buy an item at the moment but the third party seller doesnt ship to Ireland or UK. Anyone know is there a Parcel Motel equivalent that has a German virtual address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im trying to buy an item at the moment but the third party seller doesnt ship to Ireland or UK. Anyone know is there a Parcel Motel equivalent that has a German virtual address?

Never used them but

https://www.mailboxde.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Simms

German companies a a joy to deal with. Really professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I was hoping someone would create a thread like this. I've ordered a few things from Amazon France and Germany with no problems. Amazon Germany tries to help by converting it's pages into English, which is a godsend.

Still, it's a bit disappointing if we lose our only English language option. I'd order stuff like Blurays all the time and getting the foreign language versions isn't always ideal (even if most movies have an English language option).

Also, the prime membership to Amazon UK will be worth far less now without the free shipping perk. I'm not sure if you can get all the same Prime bells and whistles from any of the other euro countries. I hope Amazon UK will still offer it's Prime video option at least.......

It would be great if Amazon did open some sort of Irish hub, but I just can't see them bothering when we're such a small market for them.

Use translate in Google chrome. It will translate any page to English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've just ordered a case from Amazon.co.uk, and have been notified;
    8:04 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    Milano, IT

8:04 PM
    Parcel received by carrier
    MILANO, IT

7:56 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    Milano, IT

If Brexit goes sideways, I'll cancel my Amazon.co.uk Prime account, and look into a Amazon.de Prime account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I bought my phone from the French Amazon. Only reason was because it was much cheaper than the UK Amazon. You can use this site to see prices across all of the Amazon sites.

Hi Jim, if buying 'phones from German, French, Spanish sites etc are they easily compatable with Irish network providers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Hi Jim, if buying 'phones from German, French, Spanish sites etc are they easily compatable with Irish network providers?

I'm not Jim, but all the phones sold in France are unlocked and compatible with just about every network across Europe. There's probably some EU directive that says they have to be, but you can always check the bands against your local provider (or any country you're travelling to).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks. That's good to know.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Once they are unlocked they will be compatible with Irish networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

What about Amazon Products. I am looking at buying the Echo Studio.
    Seems the EU sites are saying does not deliver to Ireland.

Anyone bought any Echo products?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theres a German parcel service that is similar to Parcel Motel. Have never used it so cant comment on how good it is. Can see myself using it soon though as there is an item I can get from Germany for about 380 while it costs over 650 here and in the UK.

Advertisement