Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtain inspiration needed.

Options
  • 10-07-2017 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hey,

Pictures attached.

We have some blinds up in our bedroom but our bedroom is too bright during the spring/summer months. We want to put up Curtains to keep it dark.

Can anyone reccomend how I could dress the window behind the bed with curtains? I can pull the bed out from the window a few inches. It's a smaller than normal window.

There is another window over the only rad in the room too but the room is not a cold room at all so we only use the rad in winter months.

The walls are a light grey with a hint of purple. I was thinking some dark grey curtains? The furniture in the room is light oak and there is wood floorboards.

I'm hopeless so any suggestions are welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Sausage dog

Would you consider changing the blind to a fabric Roman blind with black out material?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Would you consider changing the blind to a fabric Roman blind with black out material?

Yeah I definitely would. Would they keep the room dark? Can you recommend any brand? We've a new baby arriving very soon so I don't want to be settling her to sleep at night in a bright room.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

We bought roman blinds online about 2 years ago from Tuiss.ie, now renamed to http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/

They had a special offer for free blackout/thermal lining at the time and it really does keep the light out.

No connection other than as a customer.

Advertisement