Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to SSE Airtricity - FREE Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and a Climote.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

That's appealing to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

jhammer wrote: »

The climote looks to pretty primitive compared to the likes of hive or nest no?

The echo/dot and the climote seems to be worth the offer though in fairness, but from what I've read from the bonkers link, the thermostat just appears to be one you can control remotely (like all the others) but it has no smart learning features, and doesn't seem to work in conjunction with any other products, like nest or hive do for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

So they offer a smart device that is not compatible with the other smart device! Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So they offer a smart device that is not compatible with the other smart device! Strange

No, you have misunderstood what I said.

From the OPs link. https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/gas-electricity/climote-vs-hive-vs-nest-vs-netatmo-how-do-they-compare/

Climote.
    Any extra features?

Unlike the other devices listed here, Climote seems to function as is and does not offer interaction with other smart home devices.

Hive.
    Any extra features?

Hive Active Heating is designed to work in tandem with a whole host of other smart products in the Hive family including home security cameras, sensors as well as smart light bulbs and plugs (at an extra cost of course).

Nest.
    Any extra features?

Like Hive, the Nest Learning Thermostat is designed to work with a variety of other home smart devices including but not limited to your home appliances like your oven and fridge, smart plugs and light bulbs, home security system, pet cameras and more

So from what they're saying (bonkers) the climote looks primitive in comparison with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Climote can do 3 heating zones and has sim card for constant connection even if your WiFi goes down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

loki7777 wrote: »

Can't you move when they put the price up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I have the Climote doing 3 zones and its grand tbf

I've also emailed them recently and they are hoping to have some Google Home integration soon.

Was expecting a big fat NO in fairness when I asked so was surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Del007 wrote: »
    Can't you move when they put the price up?

Check the T&C's to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I have the Climote doing 3 zones and its grand tbf

I've also emailed them recently and they are hoping to have some Google Home integration soon.

Was expecting a big fat NO in fairness when I asked so was surprised

The piece of kit and app haven't changed in over 7 years. I'd be stunned if they get it integrated with Google Home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My 12 months up soon with Energia ,they installed the Netamo last year which im happy with ,wound'nt mind the Echo/dot though , would the climote be better then the Netatmo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Had a guy knock on my door offering this Samrt Home Bundle Deal to switch.

I recently switched to a different provider, but thought it may interest you guys that are considering switching electricity provider

With this deal, SSE Airtricity offers 10% off of its standard electricity prices for an entire year (the length of your contract) and you’ll also get a FREE Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and a Climote.

*Ive never had to deal with Airtricity so have no opinion on them

Over the course of the year, you are still probably better off with Energia or Electric Ireland (with the cashback). Airtricity have one of the higher rates out there even after their 'discount'.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My 12 months up soon with Energia ,they installed the Netamo last year which im happy with ,wound'nt mind the Echo/dot though , would the climote be better then the Netatmo?

Personally, I think the Netatmo is far superior from what I've seen of both products.
    The Climote is really looking dated at this stage.
    You can also get Netatmo radiator valves now to control individual rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Doesn't Climote use a GSM sim that requires a subscription? At least it did with the one Electric Ireland were offering.

Edit: Its listed in their T&C >> https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/products/switch-to-sse-airtricity/#modal

"The mobile portion of the Climote controls, which allows you to control your heating from your smartphone, by text message mobile app or computer, requires a yearly subscription fee. SSE Airtricity will happily pay this on your behalf for the duration of this contract. Each subsequent year however will have a service fee payable directly to Climote. This is currently €19 per year."

Still using GSM in 2018, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

The echo/dot and the climote seems to be worth the offer though in fairness, but from what I've read from the bonkers link, the thermostat just appears to be one you can control remotely (like all the others) but it has no smart learning features, and doesn't seem to work in conjunction with any other products, like nest or hive do for example.
    Have climite,****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

The climote looks to pretty primitive compared to the likes of hive or nest no?The echo/dot and the climote seems to be worth the offer though in fairness, but from what I've read from the bonkers link, the thermostat just appears to be one you can control remotely (like all the others) but it has no smart learning features, and doesn't seem to work in conjunction with any other products, like nest or hive do for example.
    Have climite,****e

Have climote,****e

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Climote can do 3 heating zones and has sim card for constant connection even if your WiFi goes down

And as such it has an annual charge. To be honest my mobile network goes down more than my WiFi.

Ordered a switch from EI. Delighted with a free climote I’ve got nothing of the sort in my house and I’m too cheap to buy one. :pac: echo and dot is nice too, even if I’ve no idea what they do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Does climote gets integrated with emmersion heating of water and overnight electric storage heaters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Might be better off going for a standard switch deal with any decent provider, your rates will be lower and you might be able to buy an Echo and dot with the extra savings anyway.

I’d be surprised if the rate increase would come into play, that would be a break of contract by SSE, wouldn’t it?

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Might be better off going for a standard switch deal with any decent provider, your rates will be lower and you might be able to buy an Echo and dot with the extra savings anyway.

I’d be surprised if the rate increase would come into play, that would be a break of contract by SSE, wouldn’t it?

No it's in the T&C's that they can increase the rate. The discount is related to the standard tariff so once all the traiffs increase in price, they're covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'm with SSE and can't wait to move they are SO expensive. I'll never go back to them. I was with them before, found them pricey went back and found them even more pricey

If they can afford to offer you all that you can bet you're paying it back 10 times over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I presume someone could sign up to airtricity get the deal then leave early and pay €50 break fee?

Electric Ireland are offering €150 cash back on an electric switch if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Millem wrote: »
    I presume someone could sign up to airtricity get the deal then leave early and pay €50 break fee?

Electric Ireland are offering €150 cash back on an electric switch if anyone is interested.

i'm not sure tha works if you take a free product or cashback deal

i'm not sure tha works if you take a free product or cashback deal

I looked into cashback you get the money on your account so you should stay till it’s used up! If you leave you pay a €50 early exit fee

I looked into cashback you get the money on your account so you should stay till it’s used up! If you leave you pay a €50 early exit fee

When I asked about switching from Bord Gáis Energy they stated I would have to payback the 175 euro cashback received otherwise could switch every 2-3 months and pay f all for electricity just a few 50 euro breakage contract charges

When I asked about switching from EI they stated I would have to payback the 175 euro cashback received otherwise could switch every 2-3 months and pay f all for electricity just a few 50 euro breakage contract charges

wow really?
    I haven’t switched yet but I was told recently that the money is just a credit on your account and if you leave before you use it they won’t give you cash equivalent. It also takes a while to be credited I think it’s after your first bill.
    If you leave before the 12 months you pay a breakage fee of €50.

wow really?
    I haven’t switched yet but I was told recently that the money is just a credit on your account and if you leave before you use it they won’t give you cash equivalent. It also takes a while to be credited I think it’s after your first bill.
    If you leave before the 12 months you pay a breakage fee of €50.

That’s what I received from BGE

That’s what I received from BGE

wow! I will ask electric ireland again just im case! It is not in electric iteland terms and conditions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Do SSE also come and install the Climote for you?

Advertisement