Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

Just an update, used turgame card (delivery was 10mins) this morning, unlimited VPN and no issues signing up at all. Also my original revolut payment card was already there as backup payment so left alone. Waaaayy too easy.. thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭ooter

Even if you have to continue paying with gift cards you're still saving a fair chunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Had to change cards recently and was having issues until I did the following:

• Cancelled membership
    • Turkish VPN on (VPN Unlimited)
    • Launched a browser I never use and used Private Browsing in it
    • Logged in and selected the membership option
    • Changed payment details to my Credit Union debit card (tried loads of others and all were rejected)
    • Used "Temp Number" app to generate a Turkish mobile number and got verification code through it
    • Completed membership

Sharing in case it helps others. I'll try adding a backup card next

Edit: Tried adding a Revolut backup card and it looks for the text verification again. I've no credit left in Temp Number so will leave it for now

Post edited by xckjoo on

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭247music

Off the topic of the thread I know... But.. Is there an option like this that will work for Audible that anyone has tried or would all the audiobooks be in the language of the country you sign up to?

Restarted an old Irish sub through turkey this morning using a VPN and incognito, chose the 63.99 Tl a month package and added a 75 Tl gift card, all accepted and it said when the gift card runs out it will default to my bank card for payment.

Fingers crossed it works, I'll report back next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

1 down in the first couple of minutes,both Ralston and Hart absolutely terrible there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I would probably agree if I was following the same football match as you!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Sorry wrong tread,I was feckin raging when I posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭timefora_J

I've been using gift cards with my Turkish account for while as my Revolut card wasn't originally getting accepted when I done the ole switchero from Ireland to Turkey.

Today was topup day, but said let me me try the card one more time, now this time it asked to verify by sending me a text but wanted a Turkish number (which of course I don't have)

I contacted chat and said the site wasn't accepting my card and the sms wasn't coming through. They replied I can take your card details here in chat, they sent me a secure form and lo and behold I saw a 1₺ charge get reverted and they said the card was now added.

Billing date is coming on June 6th so we'll see what the craic is then.

The card I used was the physical card number which is a Visa and I done all of the above without any VPN running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have read the thread and I see that people are using G2A and turgame for Turkish Netflix giftcards. Any other options? Also, which ones do people recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

With respect to account sharing is Netflix planning on cracking down on this in place like Brazil & Turkish subscribers or sticking to US , UK etc , cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Seems like Turkey is being spared. They must be wary of volatile markets where it definitely wouldn't be accepted. Case in point is the fact that my increase never took effect in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭_John C

Would our accounts not be classed as Irish accounts ? Our accounts were initially set up in Ireland but we are just paying in Turkish lire. Or will we dodge the new account sharing restrictions because we are paying in Turkish lire ?

No, our accounts are Turkish accounts. Otherwise you'd be paying Irish prices converted to Lira (e.g. paramount plus works that way).

Great stuff 👏 . Hopefully they won't enforce the new account sharing rules on us so🤞 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I watched Blood and Gold movie on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it.

That is the first flik I watched on Netflix in a very many months. I won't miss it one bit if they decide to enforce the password share thing. I'll just let the Turkish lira drain from Revolut and that'll be that.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭This is it

Had gotten away with the increase until this month even though I got the email late last year. It's now 131 Turkish lira, just over €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

I looked up my renewal date on my account and indeed, I am the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

How will we cope gone up from €4.90 ish to €6.02 scandalous ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Hiw can you move account from one country to another

Yes but a current plan must expire before you can sign up to a different country.

let your irish account run out and log out of it, then use a vpn and go to the turkey netflix website and log in and choose one of the turkish plans and pay for it with a netflix turkey gift card. once it's accepted you are now on the turkish price plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

by following the guide in post one of the thread as per title

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I was using G2A but 2 codes i purchased from them in Feb didn't work

I got 2 last night from Turgame that also didn't work - but i got onto chat support today and they applied them at their end.

I asked the agent to try the G2A codes but they showed as already redeemed, so i won't be using G2A again. (agent did say that the error message i was getting could be an issue with chrome so next time i add gift card I'll use edge)

I asked her could she add a new card to the account for me, but she said i had to wait until after the gift cards had run out

• Advertisement

turgame support came back very quickly with this info about the netflix error message - "An error occurred during gift redemption. Please try again later"

This is netflix install error. Please reset your modem and install from a new IP, the code will be installed. Netflix gives this error when trying to upload too many times from the same IP. Change the IP and the installation will take place easily.

I use keepsocial vpn so not sure if it generates a new IP address each time or uses the same one? should cookies be cleared before / after starting the vpn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

New pricing seems to have kicked in for the standard plan, up to TL 97.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

FYI : Used Express VPN there today for the first time, works okay for Turkey, doesn't work for India.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭feargantae

Same for myself. €6 charged for the 4K plan after it being announced in January. Not bad going!

I see TRL is falling again, 4k plan now down to 5.25 approx after the price increase.

• Advertisement

Anyone unable to login to Netflix via any non Irish Country ? Keeps throwing me back saying invalid password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

When you say non-Irish do you mean you are abroad, have a VPN running or just signed up under another jurisdiction?

My brother in law had the same problem while on holiday in Spain. He couldn't log in to our Turkish account there. Never had any trouble before we "moved" to Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Does anyone know if something similiar works with Paramount Plus?

Have a VPN Running, have tested it that it's breaking out in the right locales, open relevant Netflix on a new incognito window, go to sign in, invalid password. Thought it might have just been Turkey, swapped to Argentina, and India.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Have had the same problem with Netflix in Spain, but other countries worked perfectly fine. Just use a VPN and it’s sorted

Not quite the same but P+ regularly have free months so you can just keep signing up.

STALLONE gives one month free. If that's expired try FATALATTRACTION.

Once you've made an account and cancel they'll start emailing you codes. 50% off for 3 months and stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I am signed up via Turkey and from home here (Ireland) with no VPN its all working fine for what its worth

where can you add the code - i just signed up and am on the 7 day trial, but can't see anywhere to add a code

Ye doing it when you're making the account and adding a payment method. There's a bit in blue saying about a promo code and you enter it there.

• Advertisement

shite, missed that. oh well, i'll just have to do another account when the 7 days are up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Thank you! We should really open this one under Paramount. Great info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gumshoe

I also got that password error when I tried to log into Netflix Turkey site (or any Netflix country site, including Ireland) using Surfshark VPN. Worked OK using free Windscribe VPN, though.

Already signed up for another month's Irish sub before I worked that out, unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

where do you buy a TL Netflix gift card?

My Irish account expires shortly so going to emigrate to Turkey but from what I'm reading getting an Irish bank card to work is tricky...

I bought from Turgame

Have you still got your payment card details on your Netflix account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I think my AIB card is on there though I've cancelled the account and just waiting for the end date to pass.

I've been getting it through Sky for the last couple of years but downgraded my Sky sub this week so have to re-set up the Netflix plan.

Leave your card on the account. Buy a voucher, apply the voucher to your Netflix account through a vpn. Leave the voucher run out and they might accept the credit card on your account for the next payment. That worked for me. They now take around €5.26 a month for the 4 screen 4k plan. I'm using an AIB Visa credit card . They just accepted my card once the voucher ran out . Just leave your Netflix account expire before you resub with the voucher via vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dextersnp

I need to VPN active during the streaming? Or only to subscribe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Only to subscribe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Frostybear

I managed to get a Netflix turkey voucher from G2A and activate it, but I can't finish setting up my account because Netflix requires card details and won't accept my revolut physical or virtual card.

Any advice?

Advertisement