Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel. Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Assume they are the other way around?

No, made sure it came up on the pump before starting.

Sad to say but it made my weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

pippip wrote: »
    No, made sure it came up on the pump before starting.

Sad to say but it made my weekend!
    You're, not the first to report some weird pricing. Are stations doing 'flash sales'? Is this something that say taxi drivers are looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

KOR101 wrote: »
    Your, not the first to report some weird pricing. Are stations doing 'flash sales'? Is this something that say taxi drivers are looking out for.
    The ones I've noticed (Donnybrook, Mount Merrion, Usher's Quay) have been very low for a while, and staying relatively static. They're just bizarrely cheap compared to other stations nearby (or the other ones are staying bizarrely expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The ones I've noticed (Donnybrook, Mount Merrion, Usher's Quay) have been very low for a while, and staying relatively static. They're just bizarrely cheap compared to other stations nearby (or the other ones are staying bizarrely expensive).
    You reported Usher's Quay at 1.19 on the 17th Jan. I checked that later in the evening and it was 127.9, so that's why I'm asking about flash sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

Steer clear of Circle K on Malahide Rd petrol there is 1.35 & diesel 1.29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

wertyu12 wrote: »
    Steer clear of Circle K on Malahide Rd petrol there is 1.35 & diesel 1.29

Applegreen Stillorgan prices gone up :(
    Diesel 117.5
    Petrol 121.5
    Still way cheaper than most others.

Applegreen Stillorgan prices gone up :(
    Diesel 117.5
    Petrol 121.5
    Still way cheaper than most others.

I got petrol at the circle k across the road late last night at 1.18. Don't know if they changed price today.

At the other end of the scale, unleaded 1.375 at the Top station near the Spawell roundabout this afternoon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

Applegreen Cherryorchard. Diesel
    now up to 1.189 from last fridays price 1.149

Don't know if they changed price today.

They did.
    Diesel 118.5 and Petrol 122.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Circle K heading out of town just beyond glasnevin cemetery was 139.9 for petrol tonight and 143.9 for unleaded plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Kimmage road lower had diesel at 116.9 at the circle k yesterday. The circle k on templeville road which is about 2kms away was 129.9!!

Applegreen and K Circle Stillorgan both same price Diesel 116.50 and Petrol 120.5 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Applegreen and K Circle Stillorgan both same price Diesel 116.50 and Petrol 120.5 today.

Sake just bought from Circle K there yesterday at 117.5 but at least got 4 cent off with AA

From town out to D15 and all around D15 there's no petrol cheaper than 1.36. What's with this south side bias when it comes to more affordable petrol

Party is over :(

Both K Circle and Apple green Stillorgan have increased prices of each by 4c cents overnight.
    121.5 and 125.5 now.

Party is over :(

Both K Circle and Apple green Stillorgan have increased prices of each by 4c cents overnight.
    121.5 and 125.5 now.

Was just going to post this!

Ah well, I got one mega-cheap fill while the going was good....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

mfceiling wrote: »
    Kimmage road lower had diesel at 116.9 at the circle k yesterday. The circle k on templeville road which is about 2kms away was 129.9!!
    Circle K and Apple Green on Kimmage Rd up to 125.8 today. Didn't take long to jump back up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Circle K in Citywest is 1.34 for unleaded. Just up the road on the Blessington Road (like about 1km away south) its 1.27, paid it today.

Circle K are the pits...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Also, while this thread has been marked as 'expired', I think its a great thread to keep adding to. Much better than pumps.ie, thats totally unreliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

There’s an Option on waze to add fuel prices and search fuel prices. Seems to be pretty up to date too.

Party is over

121.5 and 125.5 now.

Maybe not. ;)
    Both dropped by 1 cent on both diesel and petrol so 120.5 and 124.5.

Maybe not. ;)
    Both dropped by 1 cent on both diesel and petrol so 120.5 and 124.5.

Oh it most assuredly is..... 1.295 in both this evening :( And 1.308 in Donnybrook Circle K.

I'd love to know what was behind all that madness the last few weeks!

And I'd also love to know why they persist with the x.8 and x.9 pricing, seems completely ridiculous esp as the .something is always in tiny numbers!

142.5 in blanch now. You guys still winning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fuel went up @3cpl I kk yesterday. Takes the bastards weeks to reduce the price,nanoseconds to increase it

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

rushfan wrote:
    And coming back from the school run this morning it's 1.199. Now 1.229 , diesel. Nuts.

Diesel 1.23 , unleaded 1.29 since Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

That .9 or .8 at the end does my head in, when all shops and places are rounding up to the nearest 5c these guys are doing .9 of 1 cent.
    I know it looks cheaper if it's 129.9 rather than 130.0 If you put 5 litres in it should cost 649.5 not 650, should you "demand" .5 cent change?

(I know, too much time on my hands)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you put in 6, the 0.4c is rounded down. My local Circle K uses any tenth going, was .4 and .7 a few weeks ago. Applegreens .8 is definitely a pyschological thing to make them feel cheaper.

What a difference a few weeks make.
    Circle K and Applegreen Stillorgan D/C are now 131.8 for diesel and 134.8 for petrol which is near to dearest in Dublin.
    Discount fuels in Kimmage were 123.5 Diesel and 125.6 for petrol yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

okidoki987 wrote:
    What a difference a few weeks make. Circle K and Applegreen Stillorgan D/C are now 131.8 for diesel and 134.8 for petrol which is near to dearest in Dublin. Discount fuels in Kimmage were 123.5 Diesel and 125.6 for petrol yesterday.

I've just recently stumbled across the Applegreen android app which seems to list prices of all station, not just their own. Haven't tried it for accuracy or bias yet

Advertisement