Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car do you hate that everyone else loves?

Options
  • 06-06-2021 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Everyone seems to love the Carina E but I hated them then and hate them now.

Probably because as a young mechanic back in the early 00s when one came into the garage you were guaranteed that it was a big dirty farmers car covered in muck and gonna be a mess to work on lol. Never took to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Lexus

Over rated Toyotas with crap interiors and old technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Most crossovers/SUVs to be honest. I am glad the type of car I like (A6, 5 series) is looking like surviving the saloon genocide. I presume they're still outselling the equivalent SUV from same manufacturers. If I was mondeo man I'd be gutted to be looking at moving to Kuga type vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭passatman86

Nissan qashqai - the first model
    Never drove one so open to be converted
    But i hate them and the way most the owners drive/park on the school run

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Pretty much all VW. I did like the Scirocco though, not enough to buy one but they were OK.

Not a huge fan of Skoda Superb or Skoda in general.

Small kia and Hyundai SUVs and the Hyundai estate.

Everything with a Dacia badge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Golf. Just dont get the love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭almostover

Golf. Just dont get the love!

Can I add, white Golf to this? Should be reserved for vans only. But the darling of wans and young farmers up and down the country. Bonus points if its a sh*te 1.6 diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

Hyundai Tucson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Lexus

Over rated Toyotas with crap interiors and old technology.

Totally disagree, the interior of a lexus is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭KevRossi

New Mercs (A/E/S/CLS). Don't get the 'blowtorch on a jellymould' look. They also look tacky on the grill and the interior.

BMW's since around 2012. I can't see the difference between one 5 series and the next generation. It's more evolution rather than revolution. Compare the E34-E39-E60 changeovers to the newer ones.

Newer Ferrari's are far too fussy.

Sick of the endless list of 'special edition' McLaren's and Lamborghini's.

I'm getting old.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Totally disagree, the interior of a lexus is quality.

Most cheap SUVs that all the feminists drive

The interior is good quality but I don't like them either. Layout and design, just never warmed to them.

Even though I said earlier I hate most crossovers/SUVs I do get the appeal of them though. Herself is talking about trading in her low mileage golf that she hardly ever drives for a Tiguan that she will hardly ever drive.
    Of the cars outside my work these days there are 3 saloon cars and 8 SUVs. And I'm the only one of my close bunch of friends that doesn't have an SUV now either. They all love them so looks like I'm the odd one out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Most crossovers/SUVs to be honest. I am glad the type of car I like (A6, 5 series) is looking like surviving the saloon genocide. I presume they're still outselling the equivalent SUV from same manufacturers. If I was mondeo man I'd be gutted to be looking at moving to Kuga type vehicle.

Loves the 5 series mylself I drive an f10.

Strangely enough to add to this I also hate supercars, even how they look. No time for Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Pagani all that stuff. Don't know if Porsche 911 is a supercar or not but I do like those.

KevRossi wrote: »

BMW's since around 2012. I can't see the difference between one 5 series and the next generation. It's more evolution rather than revolution. Compare the E34-E39-E60 changeovers to the newer ones.

Disagree but I'm biased. I think the f10 is way ahead of the e60 it's a way better built car and just all round nicer to drivel and nicer place to sit.

The new g30 is way ahead of the f10 I have l only test drove one but it is stunning in comparison to mine, the colours and general style maybe similar but the f10 wasn't an ugly car anyway so it was Al good base to build off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

All those cheap SUVs that are a blight on our roads everyday. The question is why the need?

All those cheap SUVs that are a blight on our roads everyday. The question is why the need?

Mine is bigger then your's is my guess.

I'm not a fan either but a blight they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Everyone seems to love the Carina E but I hated them then and hate them now.

Probably because as a young mechanic back in the early 00s when one came into the garage you were guaranteed that it was a big dirty farmers car covered in muck and gonna be a mess to work on lol. Never took to them.

Everyone seems to love the Carina E? I really doubt that. I hate it also, but for different reasons. I used to get a lot of taxis and a Carina was always the sign of a driver who didn't give a f.uck either about his passengers or himself (if you are going to use a car for work, might as well get something vaguely comfortable).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    I'm not a fan either but a blight they are not.

They really are. They are terrible for congestion and the environment, and I'm no treehugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,866 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nissan qashqai - the first model
    Never drove one so open to be converted
    But i hate them and the way most the owners drive/park on the school run

They are great, loved the ones I had, two. ... never a seconds trouble with either, bulletproof... did about 4000-5000 kilometers per year in both... never needed to be brought to get looked at. Guy servicing used to say that if it wasn’t for the odometer he’d think I left it parked up in a garage for the majority ....

Opel Corsa... ughhhhh, even the name gives me the creeps... hated it.... back then they were 80% plastic...don’t know about now but they ‘look’ better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's easier to load a child if the vehicle is taller. But you could ask that question of any car because the vast majority only transport 1 person, so why the need for 5 seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

That Mazda suv thing is awful. Big front on it and grill, the designers must have been on the funny fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

renault koleos
    Skoda superb (saloon) I love the superb estate though
    Bmw 5 series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Range Rover. Too big, slabby shape, in-your-face presence. Hate them.

Comhra wrote: »
    Range Rover. Too big, slabby shape, in-your-face presence. Hate them.

Great shout I'd agree.

forestgirl wrote: »
    renault koleos
    Skoda superb (saloon) I love the superb estate though
    Bmw 5 series

You missed the everyone loves part :)

I'm not a fan of any of the newish Renault horrible looking cars and horrible colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Del2005 wrote: »
    It's easier to load a child if the vehicle is taller. But you could ask that question of any car because the vast majority only transport 1 person, so why the need for 5 seats?

Kids are fatter and heavier these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hate's way too strong a word, but Mercedes. Could never warm to them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

One thing I find funny is why people like big, aggressive, black SUVs. I see them all over South County Dublin. I understand the SUV thing in general, though it's not not me, but why go for a really aggressive black look. To me it says the "SUV didn't already shout greedy, entitled, superiority complex assh*le enough, so I got it in black". Do people not see that that's what those cars advertise about their owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Cheap SUVs?

Nothing cheap about them, overpriced compared to a comparable saloon of the same make, IF the saloon was still available.

Pure racket by the manufacturers, marketing towards the upwardly mobile/yummy mummy set with 'notions', selling an illusion about safety when as a rule they handle badly and at least initially performed relatively poorly in the crash tests..

Horrible yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Duster and sandero god I hate them. Nissan Tida too but I think everyone hates them anyway.

Advertisement