Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 5 : Monaco GP

Options
  • 19-05-2021 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

Forgot this always Kicks off on a Thursday .

image.png

Schedule
    SESSION
    FP1 Thu, 20 May 10:30

FP2 Thu, 20 May 14:00

FP3 Sat, 22 May 11:00

QU Sat, 22 May 14:00

Race Sun, 23 May 14:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Praying for a wild race or a non Merc winner at least.

Would like Max to win this, he is handy around here if he doesn't bin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

He has a good chance to qualify on Pole and win the race, the Red Bull has been faster in qually trim than race trim the last few outings, it's probably a better package round Monaco, we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I like the helmet.
    https://twitter.com/LandoNorris/status/1395061665746628613?s=19

Sure Danny Ric will have something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭klose

I would assume red bull are targeting this one alot, even in p2 max seems to be getting off the line fast this year and can be aggressive as seen in Spain, chances of max and Hamilton colliding going into T1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Red Bull needs to score fully to keep their chances going. Another Hamilton win they can focus on 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,634 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Me too. Go on Max. Really hope he gets pole and wins the race or if not pole then second and gets ahead of Hamilton at the start. That would be exciting. Hopefully the Red Bull is good around Monoco.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

w2vBQvmh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

w2vBQvmh.jpg

I really really like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

zQ4c76t.jpg

Map with a little more detail .

Corners 13,14 seem wrong speed wise ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I get tired after a few laps of this track on F1 2020 so I can only imagine what it must be like for the drivers! :pac:

It will be Williams 750th Grand Prix this weekend.

In the least surprising news ever, Mazepin has had a graze with the wall already :pac:

Doesn't appear to be much, if any, real damage on the Haas.

Ferrari's going well so far although Leclerc did have gearbox trouble very early on. It must be awesome driving past your apartment on each lap like Charles does :)

Alonso into the barrier and looks like a bit of damage to the front.

That was interesting enough .

Ferrari Look good with Sainz all on Medium tire and Matching The RedBull & Mercedes
    I would prefer an outsider like Sainz getting a pole . he looks good enough to get it , but its very Early days.
    Perez , Gasly & Yuki are on softs , Merecdes times are on Hard everyone else in the top 10 is on Mediums .

E10y5YTWYAUL2tE?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Its only P1 but great to see Perez doing well, with Monaco you really need to commit and have confidence in the car

If it's Perez P1 and Max P2 in Quali, I wonder how soon they'll make the call to switch them around

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

I'd say it's going to be chaotic on Sunday.

Between all the rookies, the battle at the front, plus the fact its probably the trickiest circuit they've raced on in about 1.5years (for errors/overtakes etc) I think we could be in for a fair few safety cars, and therefore a fairly unexciting 'race'.

Hoping for some variety at top of Qualifying so nice to see Perez, Sainz & Gasly up there after P1 - hopefully they can carry it through to Saturday.

On a positive note, at least track limits shouldn't be an issue this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Unless Mazespin takes himself out in the first few laps, it won't be long before he's getting lapped and holding up the front runners. I'd agree, it's going to be a chaotic race, and likely a messy Qualifying Q1.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Chicane and swimming pool might be

• Registered Users Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Unless Mazespin takes himself out in the first few laps, it won't be long before he's getting lapped and holding up the front runners. I'd agree, it's going to be a chaotic race, and likely a messy Qualifying Q1.

Mazepin was ahead of Schumacher and Russell in FP1. Pretty respectable result.

McLaren looks rotten on most of the track. Saw one angle it looked good, the rest it's like the 07 Renault.

• Advertisement

Poor Ted didn't know what to say there when Toto said they're turning their attention to 2022 in terms of upgrades - he was completely lost for words :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Mazespin inspired Schumacher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like ferrari have good pace here, hopeuflly continues into Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,997 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

klose wrote: »
    Looks like ferrari have good pace here, hopeuflly continues into Saturday

I doubt anyone was expecting that. Probably just did their qualifying runs in FP2 to catch a few headlines. Monaco is a good place to catch a headline.

tifJWiQ.jpg

F*K Ferrari for giving us this much hope .

That is just too damn good a starting grid . .......if only and on any Track.

Lando-Norris-McLaren-Formel-1-GP-Monaco-20-Mai-2021-169Gallery-8f341593-1796247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,634 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I'd say it's going to be chaotic on Sunday.

Between all the rookies, the battle at the front, plus the fact its probably the trickiest circuit they've raced on in about 1.5years (for errors/overtakes etc) I think we could be in for a fair few safety cars, and therefore a fairly unexciting 'race'.

Hoping for some variety at top of Qualifying so nice to see Perez, Sainz & Gasly up there after P1 - hopefully they can carry it through to Saturday.

I take it your either been sarcastic or you meant exciting race unless that is that you prefer a road train.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ferrari with a nice surprise for us all! The qualy will be pretty close I would say, then the strategy for the race could be a bit of a wait and see about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ferrari with a nice surprise for us all! The qualy will be pretty close I would say, then the strategy for the race could be a bit of a wait and see about it.

I don't reckon we'll get a Ferrari anywhere better than the 2nd row at absolute best, flattering to deceive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭McFly85

Really looking forward to today, be interesting to see in Ferrari can keep their pace! Is it too much to ask for a Charles and Max front row tomorrow?

Advertisement