Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest indoor camera ( very disappointed in quality)

Options
  • 10-05-2021 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Recently bought a nest indoor camera to use as a baby monitor,. replacing a cheap Kasa I got off Amazon for 30ish euro. The kasa used have trouble streaming some times.

Anyway said I would upgrade to nest camera which was 120euro. the quality compared to the cheap kasa is brutal, if I zoom it gets all fuzzy. The kasa would alot clearer compared to it.

I have good internet connection, I also have the quality turned up max in the nest app. Anything else I can do? Really disappointed with it and the price it cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm sorry to hear that. Like yourself I use a Nest indoor camera as a baby monitor and have been doing so for some years now, being happy with its performence. Can you give us some idea of what exactly is wrong? I'm assuming it's the night time black/white picture that you are unhappy with? How is it during the day?

Can you move the camera to a generic location and post a screenshot for us so we can see the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm sorry to hear that. Like yourself I use a Nest indoor camera as a baby monitor and have been doing so for some years now, being happy with its performence. Can you give us some idea of what exactly is wrong? I'm assuming it's the night time black/white picture that you are unhappy with? How is it during the day?

Can you move the camera to a generic location and post a screenshot for us so we can see the issue?

Use Nest Indoor (original version, not the IQ) one as well and it's absolutely grand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've the Nest Hub Max and find the quality to be top class, I'd say get on Google support, you might have a faulty 1, they're great are replacing stuff I find

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

EletricMan wrote: »
    Recently bought a nest indoor camera to use as a baby monitor,. replacing a cheap Kasa I got off Amazon for 30ish euro. The kasa used have trouble streaming some times.

Anyway said I would upgrade to nest camera which was 120euro. the quality compared to the cheap kasa is brutal, if I zoom it gets all fuzzy. The kasa would alot clearer compared to it.

I have good internet connection, I also have the quality turned up max in the nest app. Anything else I can do? Really disappointed with it and the price it cost.

There is hardly a protective plastic film over the lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Hi guys,

I removed the protective film. My issue is the quality, for example on my cheap kasa I can zoom in and its very clear. It's so clear you can see the child breathing. If you zoom any bit on the nest it just gets all blurry and pixelated. I found viewing the camera on the home app is slightly better than the nest app. I was expecting the same if not better quality than the kasa seen as it cost four times more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

As above, I would expect that you have a faulty unit.
    These should produce high quality images.
    Even my Nest Hello doorbell pictures are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

we have a 1 year old and chose to go with cameras that have baby monitor specific software - we use lollipop camera - and find it works well, detects crying, crossing detection, and can keep playing in the background on my phone while I do other things. and has great night vision + day time camera resolution / vision.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Have you checked the quality the video quality is set to in the app? I've mine set to high and it's perfect but when I drop it to low it does drop a lot in quality

Advertisement