Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy Smoked Tofoo

Options
  • 19-02-2021 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭

My favorite brand of tofu is Smoked Tofoo.

Since Brexit it has not being available in Tesco. (Multiple stores checked).

It also seems not to be in SuperValu. (Only one store checked).

Does anyone know any stores still stocking this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've got this in Dunnes a few times but it's availability seems to be fairly sporadic lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

Have you tried the Taifun organic smoked Tofu? It, for me, is the best of the smoked tofus. I eat it as is, right from the pack, as it is so tasty and doesn't need anything added. Although, my best way to eat it is as a TLT! It can be gotten in Fresh but also from Green Earth Organics online (I order from the them as we get the veg boxes delivered from them) for a very good price of 2.79.

https://www.greenearthorganics.ie/fridge/smoked-tofu-taifun.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Have you tried the Taifun organic smoked Tofu? It, for me, is the best of the smoked tofus. I eat it as is, right from the pack, as it is so tasty and doesn't need anything added. Although, my best way to eat it is as a TLT! It can be gotten in Fresh but also from Green Earth Organics online (I order from the them as we get the veg boxes delivered from them) for a very good price of 2.79.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have not tried Taifun tofu. I will be passing Fresh tomorrow so I'll try to pick up a packet. Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's much nicer than tofoo, it's also in noms in phibsboro for €3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've had that in my fridge for weeks. Had never bought tofu before but decided to try a smoked version in an attempt to introduce it now with no meat :) threw it into a stirfry for lunch today and was fab.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You really went for the best one first! usually they are softer and without flavour, so you need to marinate them. With that one it is amazing right out of the pack.

Anyone seen the Taifun on anywhere other than Green Earth Organics? I haven't gotten a delivery from them in weeks. Picked up two packs of tofoo one in Dunnes last week but prefer the Taifun one.
    I've seen it in veganic but it is a euro more expensive in there than on GEO...

In Noms in phibsboro it is a good price €3, but not in the centre.

Saw it in the nourish section of Dunnes today for €5.30. Same Dunnes has the Tofoo one for €3.

Was only when I was leaving after putting the €5.30 one back that I remembered I never thought twice about spending €13 on a single fillet steak. :confused:

True! Idea of price kinda get warped by how cheap my food is in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

JTMan wrote: »
    My favorite brand of tofu is Smoked Tofoo.

Since Brexit it has not being available in Tesco. (Multiple stores checked).

It also seems not to be in SuperValu. (Only one store checked).

Does anyone know any stores still stocking this?

Thanks.

I just picked it up in Dunnes. Teriyaki flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Slightly off topic but Aldi have a new seasoned Tofu out now. It's quite tasty.

Advertisement