Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

147/1 - Snooker Betting Thread

Options

Comments

SF WC Wilson V The Magician (33)

Gone for Murph (-6.5) @ 5/1

If Shaun wins, it could be a demolition job... He was pumped last night..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Any site that tracks the breaks of 50 or more in these semi finals . Have a wager done but not sure how many there’s been as have only seen bits and pieces due to work !

SF WC Wilson V The Magician (33)

Gone for Murph (-6.5) @ 5/1

If Shaun wins, it could be a demolition job... He was pumped last night..

Not looking good . Murphy should have won the last to make it 5 3. Wilson is a grinder as well as a good player . Can’t see him being well beaten by anybody .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Link for live scores and frame scores here:

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=21&event=1014

spurshero wrote: »
    Not looking good . Murphy should have won the last to make it 5 3. Wilson is a grinder as well as a good player . Can’t see him being well beaten by anybody .

I've written that one off now :D

Still want Murph to win the match though

• Advertisement

I've written that one off now :D

Still want Murph to win the match though

Needs a big session in the morning . Personally I think the winner comes from the other semi final.

Needs a big session in the morning . Personally I think the winner comes from the other semi final.

Ya... You'd nearly have to fancy either Selby or Bingham; no matter which of them wins.. (hope it's Stuart).

Murphy very hit and miss compared to what he was like against Trump and Yan... He does look up for it though..

And I don't think Wilson has got what it takes - He'll be found out over the course of 35 (doubt it'll go that far) frames.. Maybe not 18-8 (or whatever it was last year against Ron) , but he's definitely 'afflicted' by losing the cueball , which happens a lot when he's on a break..

I'm still keeping the faith with s'Murph - his dander is up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Selby-Wilson final

Thought this was in the bag a few hours ago:(

Thought this was in the bag a few hours ago:(

Might come in yet !!

Might come in yet !!

Can't write that one off for sure.... Wilson well ahead, and Selby 11/10 against Bingham @ 8/11... I suppose it's 'odds-on' the bet lands; though it aint looking good on one of the scoreboards :D

• Advertisement

WC Final

Shaun Murphy v Selby (35)

Went for Murphy to have over 1.5 centuries in first 8 frames @ 7/2

World Seniors' Semi-Finals (7)

Jimmy White v Igor Figueiredo
    Paddy Wallace v David Lilley

Think Igor will hammer Jimmy.. I haven't seen Wallace play, but I figure he's value here on his scoring alone, with two breaks over 50 in both his matches; which is impressive enough at this grade, where a player is often granted/gifted several chances a frame..

Done a few for later on.

Singles: These on the White/FiguEIRE :p do match...

Igor (-1.5) 20/21 , Igor (-2.5) 21/10 , Figueiredo 4-0 @ 13/2 , Under 5.5 total frames @ 13/10.

2 doubles (feat both semis):

Igor (-1.5) v Jimmy @ 20/21 & Wallace win 11/8.
    Igor (-2.5) v Jimmy @ 21/10 & Patrick win 11/8.

:p Hoping for an 'Irish' double , as tenuous as it may be, with the Brazilian having a partly Irish name :D

Northern Ireland Open

Had a look at today's matches, and one that caught the eye was in the Jimmy Robertson - James Cahill match 1.00.

Will unlikely be on TV though (possibly the app, for those who have it) ,so I reluctantly kept my tenner in my pocket... If memory serves Jimmy just about kept his tour card, and I think Cahill is back to amateur status. Still, going by previous results, Cahill's 4-0 whitewash against the steely Fergal O'Brien looks better than Robertson's victory against the rapid fire Sunny Akani (haven't seen either of those matches, but I reckon Cahill's victory was harder earnt) . Jimmy is a best priced 1/2 (not sure why - if it was Neil Robertson, then, yeah, I could understand 😀) , but I think the value is definitely there with Cahill , so @ 13/8 PP for shop punters (and plenty of 7/4 the online books) I would give JAMES CAHILL a good shout here.....

^^^ Appears that match is on this eve - 7 or 8 o'clock, going by the snooker website... Well, it says 8 o'clock, but sometimes they go an hour ahead (European Time I think) , so 7 o'clock kickoff I imagine. Was down (match-time) for 1 o'clock on oddschecker when I posted 😟.. Will most likely clash with the G Wilson/Selby match (due off at the same time) , so will probably be only viewable on the app....

I was watching the Shaun Murphy match last night (v Allan Taylor), and although he won; he was poor for most of it, so I said 'If Murphy wins, I'll back his opponent in the next match' , ... S Murphy v Tian Pengfei.. Will back TIAN PENGFEI @ 7/4 to beat spud.... It clashes with the Trump match, so I will be watching the scoreboard on that one methinks.... Due off at 9pm (that's European Time again, so could be closer to 8pm, or maybe later if the previous matches overrun.. Doubt any of the matches will be over in less than an hour)..

Done em both in singles... Even if I'm scoreboard watching...

James Cahill aint doing so good... 2-0 down already 😑

3-0 now.. Not going to plan at all 😭

All over. Robertson wins 4-0.

No joy in the Murphy match either... Tian was 3-2 up, and I think he was about 20pts up, and on the colours in frame 6 (judging by looking at the scoreboard) ... must have fluffed his lines, and he lost that frame.. Appeared to have plenty of chances in the decider as well, but The Magician wins that to win 4-3... ☹️

I'd be a good participant in an anti gambling ad... Cursing at a screen, and not even watching the action 😂 It's too stressful this scoreboard watching craic...

Northern Ireland Open

Have backed the boy David Gilbert outright @ 7/1. Reasons are twofold: 1 - He's beaten the boy Selby, and 2 - Everyone left seems to be playing poorly/underperforming, and I haven't seen any evidence of this from Dave; mainly cos I haven't seen him playing yet. He's playing next against Higgins in QF...

And Dave gets knocked out at the QF stage.. Didn't play any better or worse than Higgins. Higgins missed plenty, but he just had plenty more luck in the way the balls finished up than his opponent.. Been a very scrappy tournament so far.

• Advertisement

UK Championship

Picked a few outsiders that I thought hoped would have a chance in this; that play in the next few days.

Matthew Selt v Chang Bingyu 11/8 2.30pm today This one I spotted in RP, when I was in shop this morning.. Was tempted to do the rest then 😊

Kurt Maflin v Gerard Greene 9/2 7.30pm tonight

Mark King v Jackson Page 15/8 7.30pm tonight

Matthew Stevens v Hammad Miah 11/4 7.30pm tonight

Jimmy Robertson v Bai Langning 12/5 2.30pm 25th

Martin O'Donnell v Lukas Kleckers 3/1 2.30pm 25th

Jordan Brown v Duane Jones 9/4 2.30pm 25th

Did them all in singles. Was gonna chance a few small doubles on em all, but them dockets is v small 😁. Likely I'll be scoreboard watching, but still, it's an interest..

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

UK Championship - Rd 4 . Matches played today (Dec 1) and tomorrow

Without looking at the prices, I'm thinking of doing all, or some of these players in the next round matches - round 3 matches all completed by now..

Noppon Saengkham v Ronnie Today Wednesday 1pm.. Leave this one out of calculations

Zhao Xintong v Peter Lines Today Wednesday 1pm

Jordan Brown v Anthony McGill Today Wednesday 7pm

Kyren Wilson v Ben Woolaston Today Wednesday 7pm

Anthony Hamilton v Luca Brecel Thursday ?time

Matthew Selt v Barry Hawkins Thursday ?time

David B Gilbert v Andy Hicks Thursday ?time

Jack Lisowski v Hossein Vafaei Thursday ?time

A lot of upsets so far, but getting to business end, they'll be less and less. Still, it's relatively early on in the comp, and the next round (QF) is where one would expect the more fancied players to prevail at a higher rate.. I'd say about half the picks above are marginal outsiders, and the rest, marginal favourites....... Probably none so big that warrants doing permutation doubles/multiples etc, but maybe a tenner apiece on singles...

I reckon the 'favourites' out of those selected matches will be Xintong (looks an obvious one that) , Anto, Wilson, Brecel , Bazza, Dave, and 'Jackpot'..

Pity it's best of 11 pretty much the whole way through this comp - only at the final stage does it go to a 'best of' that's higher than 11, where it's a possible 19 frames to be played..

Will have a look and update.

UK Championship - Rd 4 . Matches played today (Dec 1) and tomorrow

Without looking at the prices, I'm thinking of doing all, or some of these players in the next round matches - round 3 matches all completed by now..

Noppon Saengkham v Ronnie Today Wednesday 1pm.. Leave this one out of calculations

Zhao Xintong v Peter Lines Today Wednesday 1pm 1/7 Zhao - no go

Jordan Brown v Anthony McGill Today Wednesday 7pm 4/9 McGill - shorter than I hoped.. will leave that as a ?

Kyren Wilson v Ben Woolaston Today Wednesday 7pm 3/1 Ben with spoils,, bitta juice in that one methinks.

Anthony Hamilton v Luca Brecel Thursday ?time 15/8 The Sheriff - looks fair

Matthew Selt v Barry Hawkins Thursday ?time 13/8 Trump's mate - price will do

David B Gilbert  Andy Hicks Thursday ?time..... 1/16 the Angry Farmer 😁 nope

Jack Lisowski v Hossein Vafaei Thursday ?time 6/5 for the Iranian potter.. seems fine, as he's been the standout (from what I've seen) among the lesser known players this week..

#Some of the prices are a tick, or more bigger, but I'm going on 'shop' prices - Paddy and Spoils...

Probably do the four odds against ones in singles, and a small acca too.

UK Championship Semi Finals - Today (Sat) 4th December

Luca Brecel v Kyren Wilson 1.00pm

Surely Luca is the most improved player in this comp. Ranked 40, and while talented, he's never done a lot, but that may well change. Aint seen much of him this week, as he's not been on the main table much - if at all. In the last three rounds, he's swiped aside McGill, Hamilton, and Maguire, by scores of 6-2, 6-1, and 6-0. He's only made one century so far, and that was in an earlier round match versus Tom Ford..

Wilson has had a few centuries, and is the deserved favourite based on his ranking, and having beaten Ronnie earlier..

Wilson is generally an 8/15 shot, but I think Brecel will put it up to him, and will have a go at him at a readily available 6/4, as I think it looks value.. Maguire is very hot and cold, so won't read much into the whitewash there, but Luca's thumping of two proper players in The Sheriff and McGill is definitely noteworthy.

Barry Hawkins v Zhao Xintong 7.00pm

I think Bazza will have too much for the Chinese here, but @ 8/11, I think I'll leave this one alone...

Outright

Hopefully Brecel can take care of Wilson, and Barry beats the Chinese lad, and I'm thinking that Barry Hawkins outright at 3/1 looks value, as I think he's the most likely of the 4 to get to the final, and it will be best of 19.. If it's a Hawkins/Brecel final; over that distance, Barry should be a very warm fav..

Bets: Luca Brecel to beat Wilson in 1st Semi 6/4... Barry Hawkins UK Championship winner 3/1....

Scottish Open

Gone for BRECEL outright @ 9/2

He plays McGill today in second semi at 7.00pm (Ronnie and John kick proceedings off at 1 o'c). Am thinking Brecel has Anthony's number from when he beat him in UK Championship.. Hoping for an easy win, and thinking he's in the final already.. if only it was that simple! Luca's definite player of the moment imo, having come from relative obscurity - albeit always talented and promising - to make the final of the UK last week. He lost out that day, but not many would have beaten his victor, Xintong, the way he was playing.. About 10/11 to see off Anthony in the semi, but am going for a bigger payday 😊

On a few outrights for the worlds:

Wilson to win, McGill & Maguire to reach the final, O'Sullivan/Trump Straight Forecast and Williams highest break

O'Sullivan/Trump Straight Forecast

Mm, so far so good. Would have preferred Ronnie to be meeting the big Lisowski though...

Suppose Williams has a theoretical chance of tying for the break too...

done Willo at 4.7 just now for t'interest,, 3-0 down atm against Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

I've done Patrick 'Paddy' Wallace to beat Darren Morgan in World Seniors Championship @ 2.25 on exchange..

Not sure when it's on - either tonight at 11pm-ish , or sometime around noon tomorrow.

It's the only one that appears any value on the schedule, and I'd have been happy with evs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

British Open

Jamie Jones @ 11/10 looks a fair price to beat Noppon in QF (7.0'c)

Outright: Mark Selby @ 7/4

gd luck

Advertisement