Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature Medicine Student

Options
  • 03-12-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am thinking about applying for medicine and some other degrees as a mature student for 2017. I have a small child who will be starting montessori in Sept 2017. I will be 35. I am single. Is it madness to be even thinking about this? Any mature students with kids or medical students opinions would be really valuable. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ciara33

I am thinking about applying for medicine and some other degrees as a mature student for 2017. I have a small child who will be starting montessori in Sept 2017. I will be 35. I am single. Is it madness to be even thinking about this? Any mature students with kids or medical students opinions would be really valuable. Thanks.

Daisy Duke yes it is madness but don't let that stop you! I have kids, will never see 40 again but starting 1st year Med this Sept. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LittleNicky86

Daisy i would say go for it. Don't let anything stop you. I won't be easy with a child but nothing easy ia ever worth doing lol :)

One thing to consider is the placements you will have to attend and the hours that may be involved with them. Make sure youhave childcare plans at least provisionally in place for these. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thorn Bird

Daisy, having read your post I hope you were successful in gaining a place in medicine.

Advertisement