Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Nasty broken arm

Brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Those replays are awful, they shouldn't show them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Crazy stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

eagle eye wrote: »
    Those replays are awful, they shouldn't show them.

I'd say they could even give a warning but there's no way I can look away, even though I know what I'm going to see.

Nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I was eating crisps when that fight started. I didn't finish them. That was horrendous.

• Advertisement

I was eating crisps when that fight started. I didn't finish them. That was horrendous.

That crunch you heard wasn't the Chilli Heatwave in your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I had a similar injury at 8 years old. Dislocated elbow. Had to hold my arm with the other arm. Had bad flashbacks during the official result there.

Surely Maia is done? He looked old and tired in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Good, professional performance by Muhammad.

Not a great fight. On to the big ones now. Has Nate any chance here?

• Advertisement

kneejerk wrote: »

Can't see it myself

Totally uneventful, I love Maia he's kept himself in good stead and to hang around to his age the way he goes about it is remarkable but when his limitations produce results like this it's nearly time, I'd give him one more crack at an old timer perhaps not a guy on a 5 fight win streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Just woke at 2nd round of the last fight so should be OK to stay awake now :)

Brilliant takedown defense by Belal but they should let Maia v Cerrone have a retirement fight. They are both fighting well past their peak.

Now onto the first 5-rounder without being a main event?

kneejerk wrote: »

Not sure I reckon we'll have an idea after a minute for this one.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Can't see it myself

Have to agree but would love to be wrong.

Something rubs me the wrong way about Edwards so I'd love to see an upset here

Edwards is excellent so far, that last keg kick really hurt Nate

Jesus I hope this isn't a Dr stoppage

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RunSlowGetHigh

Have to laugh at this. Nate getting absolutely lit up and all the commentators can talk about is how "awkward" he is and how his "clowning around" is so hard for his opponents to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Edwards nearly sh!t the bed

• Advertisement

Nate's a f*cking idiot!

He hurt Edwards and rather than go after him, he started taunting and letting him off the hook.

It cost him the fight. Unbelievable!

Some last minute from Diaz, he had Edwards hurt badly. Thought he was gonna finish it. Leon wobbling for the last minute hut did well to survive.

Easy 49-46 win for Edwards for me, hope he gets the title shot now.

Nate Diaz is an idiot. He wobbles Edwards badly with one minute to go and what does he do? Act around and showboat despite being down all 4 rounds which let Leon recover to survive the last 30 seconds. If Nate had any common sense he would have went hell for leather there and then and Leon would have crumbled. Actually sickened by the stupidity of Nate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RunSlowGetHigh

Have to laugh at this. Nate getting absolutely lit up and all the commentators can talk about is how "awkward" he is and how his "clowning around" is so hard for his opponents to deal with.

:pac:

Leon really wanted to take his head off there in the 5th and it nearly cost him. Back in my box...

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nate's a f*cking idiot!

He hurt Edwards and rather than go after him, he started taunting and letting him off the hook.

It cost him the fight. Unbelievable!

He had it. And show boated instead. I'm raging with him

Actually sickened by the stupidity of Nate.

Same here.

I didn't really care who won, but it annoys me when he has a guy half the way out of there with seconds left in the round and let's him away with it.

FFS!

Nathaniel Diaz is one tough bastard.

I had to laugh at Edwards looking up at the clock because he was definitely too googly-eyed to see it haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

All the experts slagging off Nate. I'd say he was as surprised as ye that he hit him so hard. Gimme a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

And that's why this fight was impossible to understand from Edwards' perspective. Completely dominant against an inferior fight but all anyone will remember is Nate drilling him. Hard to see a title shot off the back of it without another fight somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Seriously disappointing end, the KO was presented to Nate on a plate and he chooses to showboat.

Advertisement