Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    You'll have to apply some adjustment mechanism or whatever you stats nerds call it :D

Niamh heard us and has postponed the move for another few weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As of today we're into the 20's on the weekly countdown!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's hard to believe we're nearly a week into June already guys. 😃

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Time flies when you're having fun... and also when you're not, it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Had my first pint in a real glass in a real pub yesterday. Felt like a Christmas night out (even though it was the afternoon, sunny & warm and in June:D), everyone was giddy with excitement and in great form!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Had my first pint in a real glass in a real pub yesterday. Felt like a Christmas night out (even though it was the afternoon, sunny & warm and in June:D), everyone was giddy with excitement and in great form!

Hope you enjoyed it! :D Our little girl went to her first birthday party in well over a year over the weekend...was just lovely to see all the kids running around, jumping on a bouncy castle! Am hopeful for more birthday parties in the near future!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed it! :D Our little girl went to her first birthday party in well over a year over the weekend...was just lovely to see all the kids running around, jumping on a bouncy castle! Am hopeful for more birthday parties in the near future!

Our had her first on a Saturday. Think she was more giddy then I was :D

Great to see them getting back to more normal things thought.

We went to the zoo on Friday, cracking weather for it too & with most schools not off it was busy but not too busy if that makes sense. Hadnt been to the zoo since 2019 and really enjoyed going back. Its incredibly well set up & other than the indoor areas being closed everything else was pretty much the same. Kids had a ball of a time which meant mum n dad did too!

Also, got my ticket for the game on Friday sorted which means I actually get to go to a match for the first time since March 2020!! To say its like the last few days before christmas is an understatement, i'm like a kid waiitng on santa basically!! Weather should be decent for the week for the most part so even with work being mental its starting to feel like normal is within touching distance.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    We went to the zoo on Friday, cracking weather for it too & with most schools not off it was busy but not too busy if that makes sense. Hadnt been to the zoo since 2019 and really enjoyed going back. Its incredibly well set up & other than the indoor areas being closed everything else was pretty much the same. Kids had a ball of a time which meant mum n dad did too!

Also, got my ticket for the game on Friday sorted which means I actually get to go to a match for the first time since March 2020!! To say its like the last few days before christmas is an understatement, i'm like a kid waiitng on santa basically!! Weather should be decent for the week for the most part so even with work being mental its starting to feel like normal is within touching distance.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Nice. Love the Zoo, is so different now to what it was like when I was a kid! The African plains is my favorite area.

What match you go to?

Nice. Love the Zoo, is so different now to what it was like when I was a kid! The African plains is my favorite area.

What match you go to?

Its a different arrangement completely from going there in the late 70's early 80's thats for sure. Its more than doubled in size overall in that time too.

Heading to Rovers v Harps on Friday, its one of the test events so we can have 1000 people attend. We have 2 more lined up too but the expectation is that numbers will be able to increase as the summer progresses, assuming all goes to plan and we dont get a spike in case numbers/hospitalisations.

• Advertisement

Just copped, we're into the 100's tomorrow on the countdown, today is 200 so tomorrow we go 199 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Stop, that's actually scary! It'll be Christmas pudding time in no time at all at this rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just copped, we're into the 100's tomorrow on the countdown, today is 200 so tomorrow we go 199 :eek:

Its great, isn't it? :)

Always know the 8th of June is 200 to go because it's my Dad's birthday today.
    I also know that Sept 16th is 100 days to go for no reason whatsoever ha ha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Now with the baby on the way, the countdown to Christmas flying in is terrifying me even more!! :eek:

Its great, isn't it? :)

Always know the 8th of June is 200 to go because it's my Dad's birthday today.
    I also know that Sept 16th is 100 days to go for no reason whatsoever ha ha

Its 299, 199 & 99 that I have ingrained in my head generally, but same principle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got the text!! Vaccine later in the week. Ridiculously excited :D

Yaaaaaay! :)

I have to wait until the next batch- it's making me twitchy, I want my vaccine noooowwww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Posy wrote: »
    Yaaaaaay! :)

I have to wait until the next batch- it's making me twitchy, I want my vaccine noooowwww.

I was like that. The fact that my sister and her oh (both in their earlier 40s) got their data before me really drove me crazy, though my colleague hasn't been called yet and she's 50. It makes no sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 190's,
    Over the next 100 days we'll hopefully have a good Summer.
    We'll have sporting event, longest day of the year, August Bank Holiday.
    When we'll enter the second of the 100's we'll hopefully see Christmas bits arrive in the shops.
    Then the schools will go back, programs start for the Autumn on TV and the days will get a bit shorter and by mid September we'll be into double digits.

We're into the 190's,
    Over the next 100 days we'll hopefully have a good Summer.
    We'll have sporting event, longest day of the year, August Bank Holiday.
    When we'll enter the second of the 100's we'll hopefully see Christmas bits arrive in the shops.
    Then the schools will go back, programs start for the Autumn on TV and the days will get a bit shorter and by mid September we'll be into double digits.

Reading this is making me irrationally giddy :D

• Advertisement

Got my first vaccine today, second in four weeks time.

Great news! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Jurassic World last night and near the beginning when the kids are getting dropped to the airport they play a Christmas song!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Watched Jurassic World last night and near the beginning when the kids are getting dropped to the airport they play a Christmas song!

Good spot.

What song was it??? Assume saying it wouldn't ruin the plot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I just logged on to Netflix on my phone to re-check, it was 'Have yourself a Merry little Christmas'. Also the first scene is all snowy.

Is it just me or are the evenings getting shorter.

DenMan wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the evenings getting shorter.

Still feel longer to me. Longest day is still over a week away too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I find with the evenings when you’ve a warm Summers day and your out in it and later in the evening of it.
    You sort of look back on these and It can often feel endless and bright for a lot longer than it is.
    If that makes sense.

Sooo cloudy and overcast today, but still humid as hell. Disappointing weekend, weather wise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Posy wrote: »
    Sooo cloudy and overcast today, but still humid as hell. Disappointing weekend, weather wise!

An absolute beauty of a day here in Cork Posy - nothing but blue skies and about 24c.

Advertisement