Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom wardrobe design

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Parents bedroom also had 2 wardrobes built either side of chimney breast and quite wide which has 2 storage shelves above as could store bed linen up there. Lower shelf had many things on it and had a clothes rail on left side for suits. Right hand side was shelves for shirts , jumpers , socks and underwear.

I like your idea of a pull down clothes rail at the top and moves the wasted space to useful space which is a good idea.
    How much stuff do you need to hang and as you said maybe a lower rail.

I presume when you meant rustic old wooden look that would need new baskets. Must be a few companies doing internals ?
    New doors can be expensive but could get them painted like what kitchen restorers do and might save some money
    https://www.homedit.com/fresh-and-fun-wardrobe-makeover/

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I have no problems making the doors out of what I have already. I have done it before, brown loovered doors coverted as shown. I would like to narrow the doors to 0.5m each to cover the clothes rail part only & expose the storage baskets & boxes on the vertical side & a double row at floor level.

The doors I would like to put them on rollers so they slide. The attached link below is what I have in mind. The room is not that big & to open the current doors which are close to 680mm wide take up clearance space that I dont really have.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=WARDROBE+BYPASS+ROLLERS&sxsrf=ALeKk024eUA-zzCKQ9lcyMRhO6ARnVnqRg:1623184203221&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjs0Nmu8IjxAhUAQkEAHZ7WDWoQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1280&bih=609#imgrc=42TmFvd6v4lMgM

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Does anyone know a good company where you can actually physically see wardrobe designs, I am based in Dublin but can travel further to boundary counties, thanks

Advertisement