Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring to new Induction hob

Options
  • 10-06-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

I am swapping out an electric ceramic hob for a new induction hob and need some advice re wiring.
    The old hob had 2 x earth, 2 x neutral and 2 x phase (different coloured browns see pic).
    The new hob installation instructions call for a single cable at contacts 2-5-6 (2nd pic) so do I just insert 2 x phase cables to slot 2, 2 x neutrals to slot 5 and 2 x earths to slot 6?

Bit confused as the old hob only had the 2 x earths in the same contact while the phase and neutrals were in their own contact.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don’t have time to reply now, but:

1) What power rating is the new job (kW)?

2) The cable to the old job looks very small. Can you confirm the size? Induction hobs are generally far larger electrical loads than the more traditional hobs (not always). That cable may be undersized.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bren1916

2011 wrote: »
    I don’t have time to reply now, but:

1) What power rating is the new job (kW)?

2) The cable to the old job looks very small. Can you confirm the size? Induction hobs are generally far larger electrical loads than the more traditional hobs (not always). That cable may be undersized.
    New Hob = 4.6kW
    Old Hob = 6.6kW

Cable looks like 6mm

I've done a bit of research and the below is how I've wired it. It's working away now so all looks good..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bren1916

Wiring diagram

Advertisement