Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica for Slane 2019

1636465666769»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Neyite wrote: »
    TravelJohn and TravelJane are good products to have to hand. Those and some sanitising wipes and the whole toilet issue is sorted. A she-pee for women can be good too, but it's essentially a funnel so if you are bursting it might back on you I hear.

Where did you go for a sh1t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Nal wrote: »
    Where did you go for a sh1t?

There were toilets at the campsites.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Think there may be an imminent-ish announcement regarding Slane 2021. MCD in overdrive currently on social media with Slane related posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Degag wrote: »
    Think there may be an imminent-ish announcement regarding Slane 2021. MCD in overdrive currently on social media with Slane related posts.

I dunno, not like they have anything else to do at moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Degag wrote: »

They are posting "who do you want to play in X Venue in 2021 - let us know in the comments" about all their venues! I have seen it for slane, rds, 3arena, and the Olympia. It's just a way to keep them in people's news feeds when they DO have something to announce.

The joys of the Social Media Algorithm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 years ago today we were all rocking at Slane Castle

What a great day that was, can't wait for live music to return

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2 years ago today we were all rocking at Slane Castle

What a great day that was, can't wait for live music to return

I’m scared more than ever that those days are gone. At least I was there for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    I’m scared more than ever that those days are gone. At least I was there for that one.

Lads is there any way we can get them back to Slane?

Lads is there any way we can get them back to Slane?

It’s not that I think they wouldn’t come back, it’s more that I think that gigs like Slane are done for due to Covid obsession and the associated safetyism that has emerged from it. Covidism if you like. I could be very wrong however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It’s not that I think they wouldn’t come back, it’s more that I think that gigs like Slane are done for due to Covid obsession and the associated safetyism that has emerged from it. Covidism if you like. I could be very wrong however.

Give in another year or two, we'll be back in moshpits shoving and sweating all over one another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Personally I think (And hope) you are wrong. I mean, yeah, 2021 is a gonner too but, all going well, the vast majority of concert goers around the developed world will be vaccinated by September/October and almost all by end of year.

I mean I have no facts to back it up (I used to work in Trump administration :D. Joking). I have no numbers to back it up but think of the typical festival demographic: 18-35/40 (I will be 50 at next Glasto but hey). For festivals, reasonably middle class as tickets and actually everything involved going to a festival can be expensive. All fairly liberal, educated to some point and don't get their news from Facenook/Youtube.

Now I know that sounds INCREDIBLY arrogant/elitist but what I mean is, is that you were never likely to see your anti-masker/it's-all-a-liberal-media-plot-with-Bill-Gates-to-inject-us-with-robots/the-kung-flu-was-made-to-mid-control-us-to-vote-liberal-and-masks-are-invading-my-rights at EP or ATN or Glastonbury or Download.

What I mean is is that everyone who goes to concerts/festivals are probably the most likely to get vaccinated. Personally, I'll take every jab in one go if it meant I could get back to normal.

Plus, by the start of 2021 concert/festival season, people will be GAGGING for ANYTHING. I do think for larger ones -any international ones - they MAY require a test a few days before for people travelling from abroad. And I have no problem with that.

tldr: I think people will be SCREAMING for concerts by next year. May be a bit more precautions beforehand but HOPEFULLY we will be 90% there.

Personally I think (And hope) you are wrong. I mean, yeah, 2021 is a gonner too but, all going well, the vast majority of concert goers around the developed world will be vaccinated by September/October and almost all by end of year.

I mean I have no facts to back it up (I used to work in Trump administration :D. Joking). I have no numbers to back it up but think of the typical festival demographic: 18-35/40 (I will be 50 at next Glasto but hey). For festivals, reasonably middle class as tickets and actually everything involved going to a festival can be expensive. All fairly liberal, educated to some point and don't get their news from Facenook/Youtube.

Now I know that sounds INCREDIBLY arrogant/elitist but what I mean is, is that you were never likely to see your anti-masker/it's-all-a-liberal-media-plot-with-Bill-Gates-to-inject-us-with-robots/the-kung-flu-was-made-to-mid-control-us-to-vote-liberal-and-masks-are-invading-my-rights at EP or ATN or Glastonbury or Download.

What I mean is is that everyone who goes to concerts/festivals are probably the most likely to get vaccinated. Personally, I'll take every jab in one go if it meant I could get back to normal.

Plus, by the start of 2021 concert/festival season, people will be GAGGING for ANYTHING. I do think for larger ones -any international ones - they MAY require a test a few days before for people travelling from abroad. And I have no problem with that.

tldr: I think people will be SCREAMING for concerts by next year. May be a bit more precautions beforehand but HOPEFULLY we will be 90% there.

I hope I'm wrong too. I've bought a ticket for Metallica in Italy next year so I do have some hope. I think you've made some broad generalisations in there too. For example, I am vaccinated and always would have gone for the jab but I'm also almost entirely anti-covid restrictions because I think they've been a blight on society when guidance, not orders, should have been given instead. If, for example, I turn up at that gig next year to be met with 50,000 people wearing masks in an outdoor setting, that will be a huge disappointment for me at least. Some seem ok with the thought of that vista, I am not.

Advertisement