Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Power Max Payout

Options
  • 03-06-2021 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Whats the max payment that PP will hand out over the counter in cash before they would issue a cheque.

My uncle is real old school and will only bet in the shops and never online. He's looking to do a big bet on the Euros buts hes worried that if it lands he will be paid his winnings by cheque, which won't look good when he lodges it in his bank account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

A big bet to some is a small bet to others . are you talking over 20k back if if it wins ?

I'm sure you can request cash winnings ,might have to wait a day or two if they don't have it in the shop .

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Med101007 wrote: »
    Whats the max payment that PP will hand out over the counter in cash before they would issue a cheque.

My uncle is real old school and will only bet in the shops and never online. He's looking to do a big bet on the Euros buts hes worried that if it lands he will be paid his winnings by cheque, which won't look good when he lodges it in his bank account.

I've had a few big ones they sent me between 4 shops at different times and another time paid with a cheque make sure he gets a receipt for the winnings over 10k revenuenhave to be informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

AFAIK they don't give out large cash wins anymore.
    If you win or bet over €2k, you have to produce photo ID and proof of address.
    When that is done, you will get the funds transferred to your bank account when you give them your bank details.
    I have a major problem with the 2k winnings which was decided on by politicians who know nothing about betting.
    There is a massive difference between staking 2k and winning 2k.
    You could win 2k for a 10c stake on the Lotto or an accum, then have to supply the shop with your name and address before you get paid.
    So a staff member then knows you've won over 2k and who knows what could happen with that information.
    If he's doing a large bet on a single event, he would be better off doing it on the exchanges where he would get a better price.
    He would still have to satisfy the exchange with the AML requirements but that is the same everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Seen 64k cash paid out in boyles , they will usually do whatever customer prefers.

Advertisement