Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini trifles

Options
  • 27-05-2021 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember these. My local bakery (Mannings) used to sell these in the 80s.
    They were in a plastic cup with dark sponge on the bottom and topped with fresh cream and sprinkles. There was a plastic coloured spoon stuck in the top.
    I'm wondering does anywhere still sell them. Nobody seems to remember them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭gipi

Aldi sell mini trifles, 3 pack for about 1.30
    No sprinkles, but they might bring back some memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There must have been jelly. Can't be a trifle without jelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

looksee wrote: »
    There must have been jelly. Can't be a trifle without jelly.

It was like a syrup on the sponge and it was all mushed up, if I remember correct. It wasn't a set trifle like we'd all know. They tasted totally different to the pre-made ones in Aldi.
    I had them in a few Mannings bakeries in the mid 80s ( I was 6/7 at the time) so should have been fairly popular around Dublin.
    I'm just curious to what was actually in them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Have to say Tesco did or do a luxury (can't recall their premium brand name) and it simply excellent, the fruit mix similar to a rich compote, has the custard and cream too, Divine :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

Manning still sell them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Thanks, which Mannings, and I'll see if it's handy to me.

Advertisement