Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barney Curley

• 23-05-2021 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

RIP. 81 years old. The best at pulling off a coup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Rip to Barney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Legend. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

v sad to hear him gone, he was entertaining to say the least. Was up for a walk in bellewstown today, i always think of him hiding in the furze.
    He was able to do it in olden times and again in the modern interweb age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Not just a master at pulling off a gamble, but a mentor to jockeys such as Detorri, Spencer & Queally, to name but 3

Such a sad story about his son too

I can remember seeing him at a couple of tracks, Aintree was one, bookies shortened the price if he took one step towards them, a true legend, sadly gone

RIP Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

RIP Barney, I'll always remember him going through Luke Harvey and McCririck. Golden TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Definitely a real character gone the spat with the two lads at the races is great to watch .He was a good judge when you see the horses that passed through his hands over the years .Any time he was at the races you could see people looking at him with a lot of them with a bit of admiration everybody likes to see a gamble pulled off except the bookies I suppose .R I P Barney .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I was watching racing UK, and Barney had a birthday, 2 presenters, in the studio. The first one said happy birthday to Barney Curley who is 76 today, and the other fella said give him 6 months, he'll be down to 60.

Advertisement