Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yagusmart (no neutral) Smart Switch

Options
  • 09-03-2021 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with Yagusmart WiFi Smart Wall Switches?

I want to control 6 X non-dimmable LED downlighters in the kitchen. I intend to use 2 X '1 gang' '2 way' switches. If they will work with these LEDs, I would intend to add a motion sensor to increase the usefulness.

Maybe someone might have an alternative suggestion on how best to do this.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

davidod1 wrote: »

I want to control 6 X non-dimmable LED downlighters in the kitchen. I intend to use 2 X '1 gang' '2 way' switches. If they will work with these LEDs, I would intend to add a motion sensor to increase the usefulness.

Thanks for any help.

for less than €20, it's worth a try... just be careful when wiring it, the potential is always there to burn the house down.

How many bulbs are involved in this operation? I took the oposite approach and swathed my house in Hue bulbs... which work off sensors or the TV remote... I did recieve a wall mounted switch with one light bundle, but haven't set it up yet. The disadvantages of this are:
    1. cost
    B. swtiches are still there, so someone could potentially feck things up by using them

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The disadvantages of this are:
    B. switches are still there, so someone could potentially feck things up by using them

I do have IKEA bulbs and a Hue hub with Hue motion sensors in a few locations. I put a small piece of clear tape on the switches to stop them being turned off accidentally.
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    How many bulbs are involved in this operation?
    There are only six downlighters, but I just don't want to get involved in replacing the bulbs, it was too much hassle getting them in to place when I installed them. They have been there 10 years now and I have no issues with them. If I do anything with them at all, it will be to fit switches.

The thing is, I have no neutrals at the switches and I have heard of some LED bulbs flashing when they are off with some switches. I would need to get two switches to try it out, so potentially €45/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Always had issues with the no neutral light switches & led spotlights even when the came with a capacitor. Also my experience of smart bulbs was frustrating, there was always someone who would turn them off. Herself banned them too :D

Have most the house using shelly dimmer relays. Still tinkering with the spotlights though, have dimmable GU 10s arriving today so will see if I can solve the spotlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Thanks for any help.

sorry late to see this but might be helpful.
    i have installed no neutral, Yagusmart WiFi Smart Wall Switches. replacing ALL lightswitches in my house. 11 switches total. 4 of which constantly dropped out. until i bought a wifi 6 router (TP Link AX50). the new router sorted all my wifi issues not just the wifi switches. which now work perfectly.

I found the capacitor wires are a touch too thin and recommend soldering the capacitor in position at light bulb. 3 way switch in hall and 2 way in attaic only worked properly after replacing my router with TP link ax50.

i trusted my virgin media router was dointits job for years but it has become totally out dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

sorry late to see this but might be helpful.
    i have installed no neutral, Yagusmart WiFi Smart Wall Switches. replacing ALL light switches in my house. 11 switches total. 4 of which constantly dropped out. until i bought a wifi 6 router (TP Link AX50). the new router sorted all my wifi issues not just the wifi switches. which now work perfectly.

I found the capacitor wires are a touch too thin and recommend soldering the capacitor in position at light bulb. 3 way switch in hall and 2 way in attic only worked properly after replacing my router with TP link ax50.

i trusted my virgin media router was doing its job for years but it has become totally out dated.

Thanks for that info, all very relevant and interesting.
    I would really appreciate it if you could let me have the model numbers of the single and two way switches that worked for you. There seem to be quite a number of different models available.

I actually have two Honor 3 WiFi 6 routers but I haven't commissioned them yet.

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Also my experience of smart bulbs was frustrating, there was always someone who would turn them off.

The solution is simple, remove the light switch, connect the wires together in the switchbox and cover with a blank plate.

This process takes around 5 minutes and costs around €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Thanks for that info, all very relevant and interesting.
    I would really appreciate it if you could let me have the model numbers of the single and two way switches that worked for you. There seem to be quite a number of different models available.

I actually have two Honor 3 WiFi 6 routers but I haven't commissioned them yet.

Dave

here are the versions i bought.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Z383M1T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Z373K81/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086MV5MC8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Advertisement