Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical officer requirements

Options
  • 16-12-2020 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Do you need to be an Irish citizen to join the Irish army as a medical officer? Do successful candidates have much say on which barracks they are sent too? Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Hi,
    Do you need to be an Irish citizen to join the Irish army as a medical officer?

No.
    Do successful candidates have much say on which barracks they are sent too? Thanks all.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

there is such a chronic shortage of doctors in the DF that they'd bite your hand off to recruit you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Thanks a million for the advice. I am Irish myself but I was asking for a friend and I thought it might be an opportunity for her, particularly if they offer postgrad training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

She'd have to serve a minimum commitment, esepcially if they give her extra medical training. She should contact the DF directly and find out the terms of service before she commits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Thanks a million for the advice. I am Irish myself but I was asking for a friend and I thought it might be an opportunity for her, particularly if they offer postgrad training.

See here:

https://www.icgp.ie/go/become_a_gp/faculty_of_military_medicine/military_medicine_training_pathway

• Advertisement
Advertisement