Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options
1102103104105106108»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Anyone experiencing particularly bad lagging on the Xbox in recent months playing Battlefield?
    Never seen it so bad. It's practically unplayable. Wondering is it my virgin broadband or is it the BF networks that's the problem?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

z0ms8hl24ry01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Anyone experiencing particularly bad lagging on the Xbox in recent months playing Battlefield?
    Never seen it so bad. It's practically unplayable. Wondering is it my virgin broadband or is it the BF networks that's the problem?
    Cheers

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

(seriously) Plug out the xbox, leave it off for a few minutes, plug it back in and restart it. This is how you clear the cache on xb1.

I was having awful problems with lag and this fixed it.

Update released today with some new guns and a new game mode, a mini one map version of operations.
    Also, for non premium folks, turning tides is free this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Started playing this for the first time in months today, and really enjoying it. I had the season pass (probably not a wise purchase considering how little I ended up playing the game) but some of the new maps are a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I also went back to playing over the last few days. I’d only played two of the four expansions. The servers are driving me mad; constantly being disconnected when I’ve a strong connection and supposedly good ping. Played part of four games tonight and was disconnected from each one.

Pain in the ass.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Battlefield 1 Premium pass is currently free on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Battlefield 1 Premium pass is currently free on all platforms.

not showing for free on xbox store........

Sinai Desert and Monte Grappa probably the best sniper maps. Probably best to do it on frontlines or operations mode where there are lots of infantry players focused on one objective and they can be picked off from a distance.

In the Iron Walls operation on Monte Grappa, sector 5 in particular is great for sniping, you get defending players coming down the mountain and there are a couple of choke points where they tend to gather. Plus there are lots of other snipers so you can go counter sniping.

BTW, I'm an awful sniper, I hardly ever play scout class, but even I was able to get enough kills here to unlock some guns and get some of the achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm not really into online gaming with this type of game, as I'm atrocious at them and would be a handicap to any team I join. But wondering what the SP mode is like? Have seen BF1 on some sites for as little as €3, worth a shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'm not really into online gaming with this type of game, as I'm atrocious at them and would be a handicap to any team I join. But wondering what the SP mode is like? Have seen BF1 on some sites for as little as €3, worth a shot?

I didn't play it myself but i heard good things i think it goes into the story of the Harlem Hell Fighters and stuff like that.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I didn't play it myself but i heard good things i think it goes into the story of the Harlem Hell Fighters and stuff like that.

I think I'll give it a try, it'll be some practise for me for this kind of game. Nothing to lose really, even if the SP mode is only a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Havent played it in a while but it was excellent when it came out. Well worth a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Honestly I thought the SP in BF1 and BFV were fairly weak, but for €3 you'll at least get your moneys worth and a WW1 themed campaign is a bit unique as well.

BF1 is an amazing online game though, everything is really well balanced, great maps, and really nice game design.

BFV was a major step-back in pretty much every possible way.

If you like campaigns you could get EA Access? I think it's €25 for the year, then you'd have access to Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4, BF1, BF: Hardline, BFV, Battlefront 2....as well as lots of other EA games.

They all have campaigns and all are much the same quality wise.

Homelander wrote: »
    Honestly I thought the SP in BF1 and BFV were fairly weak, but for €3 you'll at least get your moneys worth and a WW1 themed campaign is a bit unique as well.

BF1 is an amazing online game though, everything is really well balanced, great maps, and really nice game design.

BFV was a major step-back in pretty much every possible way.

If you like campaigns you could get EA Access? I think it's €25 for the year, then you'd have access to Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4, BF1, BF: Hardline, BFV, Battlefront 2....as well as lots of other EA games.

They all have campaigns and all are much the same quality wise.

I'll have a look into EA cheers, I already have the other usuals - XBL Game pass, Steam and Epic so one more won't hurt :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BF1 is great fun, too many silly features like horses, noobie sniper sweetspot mechanic [ie no need for headshots to 1 shot] is a bit lame, elite units are annoying and fun depending whether your on receiving end or not :P
    A lot of the maps are poor imo but it has 4-5 classic maps that you could play forever.
    Gunplay ,netcode,hitreg etc are fantastic and it still looks incredible to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Dcully wrote: »
    BF1 is great fun, too many silly features like horses, noobie sniper sweetspot mechanic [ie no need for headshots to 1 shot] is a bit lame, elite units are annoying and fun depending whether your on receiving end or not :P
    A lot of the maps are poor imo but it has 4-5 classic maps that you could play forever.
    Gunplay ,netcode,hitreg etc are fantastic and it still looks incredible to this day.

I just can't understand how they went from that to BFV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a few games yesterday , first game i was joined we had this hacker that only had his weapon in view aswell as an aimbot.
    He ended up 267-6 watch for Bf1Player23, i recorded a bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I installed Battlefield 1 this weekend after a long break away from it..
    Struggling to find a game though.
    I keep ending up in maps by myself.
    Any tips on how to get a game going?
    When i used to play last year, I typically played Domination..
    On the xbox if that makes any diff. thanks

Advertisement