Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm an Alcoholic

1235»

Comments

My sister is an alcoholic, as are at least two of my cousins. My Grandfather was an alcoholic, and probably two of my grandmothers (two generations). It has made me very suspicious of alcohol, and that's why I sometimes go months without alcohol, as a way of making sure that I am not also living with their condition.

I think it's far more common in Ireland than is recognized. My only suggestion is that if this nasty little gene is in your family (1) show mercy to your relatives and (2) go a few weeks or months without alcohol to ensure that you don't have it, unbeknownst to yourself. Do this every couple of years.

Treatment (or lack of it) is a whole other story. My cousins and my sibling have tried various treatments for years. The best we hope for is day-by-day sobriety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Acceptance is key.

7 years ? how do people find these threads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Zombie thread, locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement