Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does prsi cover?

Options
  • 29-10-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering what exactly does prsi cover? The eye test I know but is there then money off glasses? and I’ve also heard of money off sun glasses? Getting eyes tested today so want to make sure getting my monies worth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Hi folks, just wondering what exactly does prsi cover? The eye test I know but is there then money off glasses? and I’ve also heard of money off sun glasses? Getting eyes tested today so want to make sure getting my monies worth

If it's an independent optician best of ring them and ask what they offer under prsi. Specsavers do a free eye test and single vision glasses but the range they offer is limited.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Your standard eye test is covered and an allowance of about €53 towards single vision vs €80 odd towards bifocals or varifocals. Everywhere will have a range that would be completely covered but if you go outside of that range the above amounts are what will be deducted (ish, check online for exact amounts) from the total.

Advertisement