Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Went t meet someone today from a freesite.I was collecting.They never showed.
    I text them as i was leaving the house.
    Then when i got there.
    I said i was leaving as the heavens just opened.

Then i get a message,i only seen your message now.
    Yes well if you had been there in the first place,you would have seen me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I fúcking hate weather like today.

Piss rain for half an hour, clouds clear and sun for half an hour, more clouds roll in and pissing rain again. I cannot stand when the sun is out and everything is soaked. I'd prefer a day full of rain over this stop/start bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

J. Marston wrote: »
    I fúcking hate weather like today.

Piss rain for half an hour, clouds clear and sun for half an hour, more clouds roll in and pissing rain again. I cannot stand when the sun is out and everything is soaked. I'd prefer a day full of rain over this stop/start bullshít.

I always find those days great really fresh and great for those who are allergic to grass pollen in the summer! :o

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The noise the guy upstairs makes is unbelievable. I was listening to something on my phone and his voice drowned it out. The landlady has great time for him but nobody could handle it. He makes the noise of 5 men alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

This trivial annoyance is about the film Bridesmaids so I'm going to spoiler tag it.
    I love Bridemaids but I'll never not be bothered by the bit where puppies are being given as party favours at the bridal shower. I know it's meant to demonstrate how OTT Helen was going and a commentary on excessive wedding celebrations in general but as someone who volunteered at an animal shelter in the past, every time I watch that part, I want to drop to my knees and scream "NOOOOOO!!!!!" in the most dramatic fashion possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Not very trivial but feeling unsafe in your apartment, a couple of nights ago I heard a scream at half 1 in the morning, then a banging/thumping noise that seemed to shake the building. Thought it was coming from the street. I closed and locked my windows in case there was someone trying to get in. Not sure what happened but gave me a big fright :(The next day I saw there was graffiti on the wall next door

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Belgium and Ukraine should not have qualified for the Eurovision final.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,353 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have said it before and I'll say it again, my TA is people that walk on the wrong side of the road and apparently cyclists are now also doing this (and I am saying this from a pedestrian perspective).

Also, US corporate BS. Give me strength to deal with all of the "initiatives" to improve life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Not very trivial but feeling unsafe in your apartment, a couple of nights ago I heard a scream at half 1 in the morning, then a banging/thumping noise that seemed to shake the building. Thought it was coming from the street. I closed and locked my windows in case there was someone trying to get in. Not sure what happened but gave me a big fright :(The next day I saw there was graffiti on the wall next door
    :eek: what did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I have a complete irrational dislike of the brand name “Gym & Coffee”.

It's a stupid name.
    Are you supposed to have a coffee in a gym? What's the reasoning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It's a stupid name.
    Are you supposed to have a coffee in a gym? What's the reasoning?

Keep you regular? Might take a couple of ounces off before weighing.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

In keeping with the frights at home posts, my baby has woken at exactly the same time every night for the past 4 or 5. Always exactly 4 40am. She wakes up in a complete panic, as if something has given her a fright or deliberately woken her up. A ten minute cuddle will soothe her back to sleep. But it isn't hunger or nappy change or anything like that needed. It's just creeping me out that it seems like there is someone/something waking her at the same time every night. Last night I definitely sensed some kind of presence in the room :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could she be having nightmares?

New Home wrote: »
    Could she be having nightmares?

That's what it seems like, because she will wake all of a sudden in panic mode, rather than kind of mooching and waking slowly. But it's the way it's the same time every night that's scaring me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sat at a desk catching up with emails over a cup of tea when the phone rings. It's yet another recruiter but it soon transpires that this one is less competent than most. We begin with him offering me an unstable, contract QC testing role as a substiute for my stable role in cancer research at a good University. I politely refuse. Then he asks me if I'd know anyone who might be interested. I tell him that I do not. Finally, he asks how he might go about locating such people as the skillset is rather niche. I suggest that he searches LinkedIn. He sighs and then I just decide to end the call.

At least the people who ring me with nonsense roles know usually know what they're doing. FFS.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Very slight scratch in my throat. I'd better not be getting a cold. I haven't been around anyone lately to catch one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The noise the guy upstairs makes is unbelievable. I was listening to something on my phone and his voice drowned it out. The landlady has great time for him but nobody could handle it. He makes the noise of 5 men alone.

One of my neighbour's beds makes the most rhythmic noise against the wall... eins zwei eins zwei eins zwei... (there is never a drei, let alone a gap for an unfff)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

:eek: what did it say?

This!

This!
    Bosh and Paddy :confused:
    That must be the guys who were banging outside your place last night.

TA Irish grafitti is so rubbish and such an eyesore, just names and penises and stupid symbols.
    Look at this great stuff they get in Brazil, why can't we get something like that?

https://img.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cranio-by-cranio-flickr.jpg

https://imgfc.com/uploads/sht/10172/opct_9859c1dc9fc707d1bb10ddc74d623c5c262704a8.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/b5/23/86/b52386788f72e094776878582c1f205a.jpg

Antares35 wrote: »
    In keeping with the frights at home posts, my baby has woken at exactly the same time every night for the past 4 or 5. Always exactly 4 40am. She wakes up in a complete panic, as if something has given her a fright or deliberately woken her up. A ten minute cuddle will soothe her back to sleep. But it isn't hunger or nappy change or anything like that needed. It's just creeping me out that it seems like there is someone/something waking her at the same time every night. Last night I definitely sensed some kind of presence in the room :(
    Set your alarm for 4:30 and try to see what is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The leak of the patients' data on the dark web as a result of the ransomware attack does more than annoy me. But then, I hear on the news that the appointments for cervical checks will be postponed and female patients will be informed. Without getting into the whole gender debate, wouldn't you need to have a cervix to need it checked? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Bias in the media/society:

When a woman with mental illness kills her children or beats up her husband, she is tragic and gains sympathy.

When a man does the same, hes a monster or evil and should burn in hell.

This. Its sickening.

Set your alarm for 4:30 and try to see what is going on.

I'll report back :D

TA people who clean the kitchen after dinner but don't really clean it. Like, they just wash the dishes but leave them on the draining board without drying them, don't put away the coasters, don't wipe down the table, don't bother to clean the top of the gas hob even though it's covered with splotches, don't clean the table section of the high chair, leave the babys beaker on the floor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

A song I hadn't heard for ages came on the radio this evening when we were having dinner.
    I really wanted to listen and sing along in my head. Mr Sam decided to sing along, out loud and didn't even know the lyrics. P1ssed me right off

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

The Met Éireann site not giving the option to X out of a user survey. Sorry, Met Éireann, I don’t want to do the survey and if I can’t get farther on the site without doing it, I’m getting the weather forecast elsewhere. :cool:

New Home wrote: »
    The leak of the patients' data on the dark web as a result of the ransomware attack does more than annoy me. But then, I hear on the news that the appointments for cervical checks will be postponed and female patients will be informed. Without getting into the whole gender debate, wouldn't you need to have a cervix to need it checked? FFS.

You wouldn't know these days. Surprised they were even allowed to say "females" and weren't reprimanded for not referring to "people with a cervix".

Antares35 wrote: »
    You wouldn't know these days. Surprised they were even allowed to say "females" and weren't reprimanded for not referring to "people with a cervix".

Couldn't they just have said "patients"? Or even just said that appointments will be rescheduled?

The Met Éireann site not giving the option to X out of a user survey. Sorry, Met Éireann, I don’t want to do the survey and if I can’t get farther on the site without doing it, I’m getting the weather forecast elsewhere. :cool:

Have you tried to press escape (if on a computer) or the "back" button on your phone? Sometimes it works.

Same with Caroline Flack, nauseating double standards. Its sad she ended her life but the amount of bandwagon jumpers who suddenly put a pink fluffy background and the words Be Kind on their social media pages was unreal.
    How many of them would have done that if it were a man accused of domestic abuse who killed himself? Im guessing none.

Those people who trip over themselves to show fake empathy on social media do my head in. I know one of them and guaranteed if there's a celebrity suicide or someone dumps a newborn to fend for itself in a park somewhere she will be falling over herself to remind us all that we don't know what other people are going through and can we all take a minute to not judge etc. Even though nobody was actually judging or even saying anything about it! It's this sort of pre-emptive defence to imaginary judgement. Wouldn't mind, she's one of the least kind people I know, yet she spends her time plastering "be kind" on her wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Dropping a blueberry this morning which hits off my leg and disappears into another dimension. I'm 100% sure it will magically materialise later on for me to step on it.

Advertisement