Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Displaying new tax disc

Options
  • 04-02-2019 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question, tax for my car is up the end of this month. I just renewed the tax for a year, so the website says the new disc is valid from 1st March 2019 - 29th Feb 2020.

When the new disc comes can I just replace the old one, or do I have to keep the old one on display until 28th of this month and then switch over to the new one on 1st March, or does it really matter at all?

Just dont want to end up loosing the new disc is all :D

Thanks!

(For those wondering why I renewed so early, I had the money away for it and it would be spent by the end of the month)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Erm.... you need to keep the current one on display then change. If you’re afraid of losing the new one detach it from the form and pop it in behind the current one in the holder, then just pull out the current one when it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Just put in the new one, it's not possible to get the new one starting from next month unless you're taxed this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Are you sure?
    Isn't it impossible to get a disk for a future date unless you have already paid for the current month?

I don't see any issue with displaying the newest disk only as I can't think of a way of tricking the system by doing this.
    But I'm open to correction.

Advertisement