Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1.4D mini purchase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Safehands wrote: »
    Actually no. Opels, in my limited experience, make cars which promise a lot, but deliver little. The Insignia is one of the nicest looking cars in its class. But does it deliver? Not really. It has niggly little faults and if anything goes wrong it can cost quite a lot to fix. I would have bought one, but opted for a Superb instead. I'm glad I did, if my friend's experience is anything to go by. He wouldn't buy another one.
    Having said that, it is probably grossly unfair to lump them in the same category as Renault because they are much better than that. I apologise if I insulted your car.

Back to Minis. Do they have a timing chain or belt? When should they be changed? Also, I was looking at one today and when the door was open the speedo needle vibrated. It went away when I closed the door. Any ideas?

So you are basing it on one isolated incident... And I no longer drive an Opel...

Anyway thats beside the point. The Diesel has a chain an it should not need to be changed provided the car is serviced on time and looked after.
    The vibrating needle is a strange one, but I wouldnt worry too much about it as you wont be driving around with the doors open too often.

Advertisement