Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wierd problem with fiesta

Options
  • 13-11-2003 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

I own a 01 Fiesta 1.3 42k miles on the clock, have had a problem with it stalling lately.
    when I'm changing down the gears, slowing down, when i put it into second gear and put the clutch down fully to stop in second gear then the car stalls.
    It seems to be worse on cold mornings but it can happen at anytime!

brought the car to a garage and he said a valve wasn't closing fully and that he sorted it out but it has continued to happen.

so was just wondering if anybody can offer any advice on what could be wrong?

thanking ya's in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

fuel or carb?

Sounds to me like your mixture is too weak, too much air going in. theres a lil screw for a carb injection that can make the fuel rich or weak, if its too weak it will stall the car.

Thats why some older cars has a choke lever, it can be fixed easy. If its fuel injection then your electrics maybe a lil messed, so you will have to get that looked at.

hope thats some help :)

reD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Could be a problem with your clutch. It mightn't be disengaging properly. I believe this is known as a "dragging" clutch. This could explain the stalling when you're coming to a stop. You press the clutch, but it doesn't disengage the drive fully and the car wants to keep going. Because you're braking at this stage the engine stalls. I think it's unlikely though.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i dunno, i dont think its the clutch, coz that would happen in a universal inviroment where as he mentioned it stallingand being harder to start in the cold. Classic mixture symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

thanks think i'll mention them when i leave it in to get looked at again

Advertisement