Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inconsiderate A**HOLES

• 12-03-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

What is it with some peoole that they think it's ok to scratch your car, visibly try to wipe away the mark and then just drive away!!

Came out to find this had happened to me today, some people really are sacks of steaming sh*t, f*ck people that do this, they're a shower of w*nkers!

Mods feel free to move, just a necessary rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It takes all kinds to make a world, ignorant, irresponsible people included unfortunately :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Yep, it's a sad fact of life, it's just such a kick in the stones when they're actions impact on you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mano bano

I seen someone do that last year it was a old woman she drove up a one way street the wrong way met a bus and had to reverse she went straight into a parked car not once but twice and drove off I took down her reg and give it to the car owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Happened to me when I first got the Volvo.
    Parked it in an underground car park, and when I came back someone had reversed straight into and smashed the headlight, cracked the bumper and broke the wiper for the headlight.
    Of course the CCTV was pointing away from the car at that particular moment. I was f3uckin raging. Had it about a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Some people are just great at absolving themselves of all responsibility by balancing the personal cost against the moral obligation.

What really bothers me is when the person has obviously gotten out, tried to wipe away the evidence, so they're fully aware of the amount of damage, and then just drove away from it!

Fortunately it's not the worst scratch, I think a lot of it could buff out, it's just the principle of the whole thing that bothers me!

Without trying to draw a direct comparison or blow things out of proportion, I wonder would the same people that drive away from small incidents like this take the same approach if they hit a person? Or would they gamble on not being caught if there were no witnesses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

When I got my first car, I was in a car park. Just after getting in to the car. A woman pulls in next to me in an MPV, I see two kids in the back and a granny in the passenger seat. So I'm thinking to myself, I bet one of those kids will whip the door open and bang the car. But, no the kids were very careful opening the door and getting out, happy days. Until the mother decides to get something as the kids and granny have gone on ahead. Slams door open into my car, then pretty much ran away. Now it wasn't a mad scratch or dent, a bit of t-cut took most of it away. But just an acknowledgement, just say sorry about that. But to literally run away...

Then I got my second car, my first brand new car. Delighted with myself. Had it two weeks. Heading out to dinner for a birthday. Park the car on the main st in town. I hop out with my friend and walk 40 metres to an ATM machine, there was no queue, get money out and turn around and walk back past the car to the restaurant. Some d*ck holster has keyed me across the back passenger door to the end of the rear quarter. All in 4 mins on an empty street. I was obviously quite livid that night. I still to this day don't know what I could have done to anyone to warrant that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭cena

I hate it well you park away from cars and than one car parks right beside you and dents the car.

I had some fecker key my car once. Back door and a side panel. Had to get it resprayed as the undercoat was white and the car is red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

cena wrote: »
    I hate it well you park away from cars and than one car parks right beside you and dents the car.

These are the real geniuses, 20 free spaces and the end of the car park, they park beside you
    Wonder if that behaviour is related to intelligence, the fact they think cars have to be beside each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

kona wrote: »
    These are the real geniuses, 20 free spaces and the end of the car park, they park beside you
    Wonder if that behaviour is related to intelligence, the fact they think cars have to be beside each other.

Or when you are parked in the last bay beside a wall, you get nice and tight against the wall to give you and the next spot beside you loads of space. Then you come back to find someone parked two inches from your drivers door with a twenty foot gap between their drivers door and the next car. :mad:

SgtBob wrote: »
    Or when you are parked in the last bay beside a wall, you get nice and tight against the wall to give you and the next spot beside you loads of space. Then you come back to find someone parked two inches from your drivers door with a twenty foot gap between their drivers door and the next car. :mad:

Yes! That's another one, clearly unable to drive and uses cars as goalposts basically. Idiots.
    The fear of seeing it, then noticing it's a family wagon, seein the child seat on the side of your car and then the inevitable scratch.

So tempting to go vinnie jones on their car door with yours lol. Caaaaaants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Some idiot parked beside me in his banger with his wife and while I was in the car, she got out and came back to his side of the car and whacks the door into my passenger side, i was livid and they make they did nothing wrong and my reaction was rude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Mc Love wrote: »
    Some idiot parked beside me in his banger with his wife and while I was in the car, she got out and came back to his side of the car and whacks the door into my passenger side, i was livid and they make they did nothing wrong and my reaction was rude!

This is the reason i look for the best cared for and most expensive cars in a car park to park beside to ensure that i park beside someone who will actually take care not to damage their own car. There is no way i will park beside an old banger or a car with L plates if i can avoid it and if not i take care to note the reg no. of such a car before i walk away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

zarquon wrote: »
    This is the reason i look for the best cared for and most expensive cars in a car park to park beside to ensure that i park beside someone who will actually take care not to damage their own car. There is no way i will park beside an old banger or a car with L plates if i can avoid it and if not i take care to note the reg no. of such a car before i walk away.

+1. I go out of my way to avoid parking next to ****heaps or woman-cars.

No offence to woman, but to most I've spoken to, a car is just a reg plate/ badge on wheels - they cannae care less about the rest of it :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Luckily my car is such a heap of sh*te I don't have to worry.
    It's not really bad, but because it is a CMax it belonged to a family, you could tell by the millions scratches and dings, engaged childlocks in the back and general state of the interior it was used for ferrying brats around.
    The good thing, as the second owner I don't worry about it. It has gathered a few more dings and scratches due to careless and inconsiderate people, but it really is hard to tell.
    So, the best solution is to buy a car with bad paintwork and live worry free.
    Always worked for me, far too stressful owning a pristine car.
    But I do agree that people who do want that, they have every right to do so and should not have their car scratched by assholes and I always take care never to hit off the car beside me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

If someone smacks you car with a door while you're there - just walk around to windscreen, out with the camera phone and take a pic of their insurance disc. Take another pic of the license plate and away you go. I've done that before and they came around fairly sharpish to apologise and check for damage etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My sister had a brand new Golf (white) spotless clean and parked it at Liffey Valley shopping centre. She parked miles off in the corner so no one would park beside her as people go mad to park near the door, where she did not mind a bit of a walk.

Couple of hours later she came out to find someone had poured the contents of a purple smoothie (berries and all) all over the bonnet and windscreen and smeared it in!!!

It cleaned off (she half expected there to be scratch marks or something under it) and she said that person was a saddo and more to be pitied.

Colleague in work with a new jeep came back to it in a different shopping centre to find some nice person had keyed all the bonnet in circles.

Some really jealous horrible people out there.

anewme wrote: »
    My sister had a brand new Golf (white) spotless clean and parked it at Liffey Valley shopping centre. She parked miles off in the corner so no one would park beside her as people go mad to park near the door, where she did not mind a bit of a walk.

Couple of hours later she came out to find someone had poured the contents of a purple smoothie (berries and all) all over the bonnet and windscreen and smeared it in!!!

It cleaned off (she half expected there to be scratch marks or something under it) and she said that person was a saddo and more to be pitied.

Colleague in work with a new jeep came back to it in a different shopping centre to find some nice person had keyed all the bonnet in circles.

Some really jealous horrible people out there.

I've no idea how I'd react to this if I caught them, Id hope I could remain calm, but tbh keying their face wouldn't be far off the mark of what I'd like to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

kona wrote: »
    I've no idea how I'd react to this if I caught them, Id hope I could remain calm, but tbh keying their face wouldn't be far off the mark of what I'd like to do.

I just hope a judge and jury would understand, because I could not be responsible for what I might do and they brought it on themselves.

Been done once, car destroyed, was fit to kill someone, no exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

bear1 wrote: »
    Happened to me when I first got the Volvo.
    Parked it in an underground car park, and when I came back someone had reversed straight into and smashed the headlight, cracked the bumper and broke the wiper for the headlight.
    Of course the CCTV was pointing away from the car at that particular moment. I was f3uckin raging. Had it about a week.
    I can beat that. Mine got dinged in a local car park on the very day I bought it. Just a scratch to the bumper. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I had the car parked in a Supervalu carpark to do a bit of shopping. Came out and someone had caught the drivers side of the front bumper, left a nice graze and made shít of one of the fog light surrounds I paid good money for :mad:

Another day I had the car left parked in what I learned to be a shady part of town. Came back after 20 minutes and someone had taken a screwdriver to the key hole on the drivers door. Whatever scumbag it was, he was unsuccessful thank God :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

If I'm in/around my car while it's parked and another car pulls up beside it I will always try to make eye contact with the driver. If they make eye contact with you and realise they're being watched they'll be careful, believe me.

I've found that women and children are the only ones to worry about. If a bloke parked beside me I generally wouldn't worry - most men would realise the value of cars and treat them with respect but with women it's a different story. Have to agree with the earlier poster that mentioned that women couldn't care less about their own cars never mind other peoples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

ifah wrote: »
    If someone smacks you car with a door while you're there - just walk around to windscreen, out with the camera phone and take a pic of their insurance disc. Take another pic of the license plate and away you go. I've done that before and they came around fairly sharpish to apologise and check for damage etc.

While I agree with you, this proves absolutely nothing. You took a picture of their car. Thats it. So its your word against theirs and frankly, its asking for a confrontation. To most people cars are tools and their appearance is second place. Most would claim any mark you point out as 'already there' and I've seen that happen.

Unfortunate but such is the country we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Bit of a sore spot with me had battery acid thrown on my last car causing two grands worth of damage :mad:, also on another car whilst sitting in my car had a woman bounce her door off mine and then tell me sure its only a car and I wont lie she got tore apart in a four letter rant that had people looking on you mightn't respect your own property but at least respect other peoples.

Anytime I'm in a car park the girlfriend finds it hillarious I'll always park right down the back of the car park or drive around until I find two clean well maintained looking cars to park beside, have also often pulled into spots looked in the back seen a baby seat and pulled back out to find another spot, I have a kid on the way and I know I'll be careful but far to many people taking kids out of baby seats don't give a flying fcuk.

Also like other somehow no matter how empty the car park is or how far back I park I'd say 90% of the time come back to find a car parked beside mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭bear1

No Pants wrote: »
    I can beat that. Mine got dinged in a local car park on the very day I bought it. Just a scratch to the bumper. :mad:

I think I've still beaten you with the damaged part ;) still, what utter utter caants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

ironclaw wrote: »
    While I agree with you, this proves absolutely nothing. You took a picture of their car. Thats it. So its your word against theirs and frankly, its asking for a confrontation. To most people cars are tools and their appearance is second place. Most would claim any mark you point out as 'already there' and I've seen that happen.

Unfortunate but such is the country we live in.
    I had before. Had pictures, but they denied it was them. Called the police. They came, agreed that they had caused it and gave me a crime number. Was child's play with their insurance company after that. Got the scratch sorted at a main dealer too.

Advertisement