Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breaking her in

Options
  • 14-11-2003 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

right I've heard so many stories and different ways to break an engine in

drive for 500 miles and then let the beast out

drive hard at high revs using engine breaking etc

what is your preferred method ?

(motorbikes)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Engine breaking is good.

A good long pull upto the Wicklow mountains and then out to Howth and back home should give you a feel...I'd say, but, it'll still take you about 2-3 weeks to break it in properly.

Assuming 'normal' to-from work/going shopping paradigm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

well was looking for a different way than your usuall just drive like a granny for a few hundred miles then let her out

like the driving really hard in low gears 1-2-3 3-2-1 using engine breaking to break hard forcing it to bed in thus not having to do the 500 miles job and making the bike actually more powerfull

how true this i have no idea

anyone done it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

If its brand new, just take it easy. Don't get too enthusiastic with your driving for the first 1000 miles or whatever your mileage manual says. They wouldn't write it in there if there was no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

naw the bike is a few years old but just got a top end rebuild

i'm just curious about it

i read somewhere i shouldn't overclock a cpu that stopped me...doing it eh never..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Lol - I'm only after seeing the " (motorbikes) " part now - sorry bout that ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement