Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 - sagging headliner advice

• 21-06-2019 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, Have an A4 headliner that started to sag last week. it has fully detached from the foam seems the Glue began to fail.
    The car is an A4 03 Saloon no sunroof.

Would like to get it sorted was wondering whats involved?

1. Removing the headliner - Can it be taken out of Passenger door or has it to be taken out throgh the boot?
    2. To fix the headliner, Will i be able to remove the glue off the foam apply fresh glue to foam and existing roof cloth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'd say it has to be via the boot, even then it may not be fit between the folding seats. On the production line these are usually inserted via the front window before the glass is inserted.

Maybe consider getting one from a breaker where you can remove from it the donar car yourself before you remove yours. This way if you will figure out how to do it, and if you wreck the one in the donar car you can just walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*donor

I have glued headliners in place with varying degrees of success, never 100% though
    Taking the whole ceiling out is best option for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Adelaidedb

I'd say it has to be via the boot, even then it may not be fit between the folding seats. On the production line these are usually inserted via the front window before the glass is inserted.

Maybe consider getting one from a breaker where you can remove from it the donar car yourself before you remove yours. This way if you will figure out how to do it, and if you wreck the one in the donar car you can just walk away.

thanks, thats actually good advice better to try on a car in the breakers yard first. It seems like its going to have to come out the boot now grr :). Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Adelaidedb

biko wrote: »
    *donor

I have glued headliners in place with varying degrees of success, never 100% though
    Taking the whole ceiling out is best option for sure.

Hi Biko,

Do you mind me asking how you managed to get the glue between the foam and cloth, was it via the cab lights? Doesnt need to be a perfect job, Just want to keep it off my head while im driving :)

Advertisement