Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to rebarrel cz452?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm looking to rebarrel my CZ452 in .17 HMR as 2 bullets got stuck in the barrel over the wkd!

I had only fired about 10 shots or there abouts when this happened.
    Fired about 5, then one got stuck, fired about the same again after removal and cleaning of the first and the same thing happened for the second time :mad:
    So I cleaned it AGAIN and put it back in the cabinet:confused:

This particlur rifle had had a hard life and really hadn't seen much of the ol' cleaning kit til I got it last summer for handy money from a friend.

Can a fella buy the barrels seperate or where would you get them, I cant get any hits on the net!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Robotack

I think Ardee Sports are the importer. Try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

jimmyd87 wrote: »
    I'm looking to rebarrel my CZ452 in .17 HMR as 2 bullets got stuck in the barrel over the wkd!

I had only fired about 10 shots or there abouts when this happened.
    Fired about 5, then one got stuck, fired about the same again after removal and cleaning of the first and the same thing happened for the second time :mad:
    So I cleaned it AGAIN and put it back in the cabinet:confused:

This particlur rifle had had a hard life and really hadn't seen much of the ol' cleaning kit til I got it last summer for handy money from a friend.

Can a fella buy the barrels seperate or where would you get them, I cant get any hits on the net!

Thanks in advance
    Only real way to see what going on with the barrel is bore scope it !
    KG2.....and give it a dam good scrubbing .
    Something has fouled your barrel ....carbon up close to the chamber id say !!
    It must feel ruff when cleaning it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

could also be faulty ammo, i.e low charge if theres enough propellant behind it its got to go somewhere, just my 2c's could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

How are you cleaning it?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jimmyd87

I run a dry patch from top of barrel to breach a bunch of times to get all the loose stuff out.

Then I use the bronze brush with solvent and give it a good scrub, followed by a patch again to clean the last of the ****e and solvent out, finally a nice coat of oil :D

I usually clean it every 2-3 boxes of ammo in the same manner.
    The lad that had it before me said the same had happened to him at least once.

Best thing to do me wonders?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Try cleaning from the chamber to the crown, if you clean from the crown to the chamber you run the risk of doing a few things that are not that great for a firearm of no matter what caliber. First of all; pushing a cleaning rod through from the crown can over time damage the crown and rifling towards the end of the barrel ( where it matters most ). Second, you're pushing the crap that's in the barrel into the chamber and more important down towards the working parts of the gun. Any amount of build up of debris around there can over time cause bother and need for unnecessary cleaning if you would have worked the other way around.

The easiest way to remind yourself is to keep in mind that brushes and patches should travel the same way as bullets and shot. The only exception would be certain types of guns where you'll have to insert the cleaning rod from the muzzle and attach your patch/flanelette and then pull through.

Also, it's probably better to start with the brush to remove all the carbon and other fouling before you use a patch.

If you have an extremely soiled barrel a tip I once got from a friend and does work is using a long strip of cotton ( a strip of an old sheet will do lovely ) soaked in gun oil pulled into the barrel and leave it in overnight ( store the gun with the muzzle pointing down ). This will loosen up a load of gunk you wouldn't have imagined was in your gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Try a different brand of ammo first. Could be a bad batch.

I never heard of a barrel stopping a bullet before. Its usually the round thats the problem. If one bullets coming out theres no reason for the next one not to fit out the same barrel.

Advertisement