Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone plan with unlimited data

Options
  • 27-02-2020 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I'm just enquiring for a friend.
    Does anyone know of any decent mobile phone plans with unlimited data?
    Even so called unlimited data with 80gb would do.
    I've read the reviews of Gomo and they seem like an absolute disaster.
    The next cheapest I could find was Virgin which are 25 a month.
    My friend only really wants the data because he makes flip all calls anyway.

Comments

quinnd6 wrote: »

Gomo are not a disaster, you have focused on the few negative reviews instead of also reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

You can get unlimited internet from Three for 20 euro per month on PAYG, they have a fair usage policy that they never enforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Gomo are hellish to deal with. I'd rather go back to tin cans and string. Their "customer service" are dismally abysmal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Recommend Gomo. Have 2 Sims from day one and touch wood, never had a problem or need to call customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Recommend Gomo. Have 2 Sims from day one and touch wood, never had a problem or need to call customer service.

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You can get unlimited internet from Three for 20 euro per month on PAYG, they have a fair usage policy that they never enforce.

Just to add, you keep your credit and can use it to buy stuff (youtube premium, vpns, Google play movies etc). There's a thread here - https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057869861

I've been using it 5yrs now and find it very good. The only warning is that once your months data expires they'll eat your credit quickly without warning you, but you can set up a recurring top up to prevent that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Gomo are not a disaster, you have focused on the few negative reviews instead of also reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

The Three plan is very good, I've often used 200GBs of data a month and never had a problem with slow speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

Just port to GoMo and see if you are happy with it.

If not just move to three but the cost is double

They are both different networks so quality will probably come down to which network has a closer mast to where you use it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Gomo took on 100,000 new customers in a few short months. Some of the issues were customers fault. Entering the wrong number to be ported etc. Some of the issues were other providers fault by not updating their system quickly enough. Some of issues were GoMos fault. The real issue is that it is very difficult to contact them when something is going wrong.

My family have ported 5 numbers in the last few months without issue. I have been in other countries and have no issues with coverage or roaming.

I recommend them totally. New Sim has gone up from 9.99 to 12.99. It's terrific value. I think it is worth get a sim to try before porting over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Boozybooze

Three is definitely the best. I was getting 60 down and 15 up where I live and was perfect.

I often used 20 gigabytes a month tethering and only had to top up by 20 quid a month.

Maybe do a speedtest from a friend's phone or something where your going to be using it and see if you get decent speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Gomo 12.99 is only available until Sunday night (1st March). Price may increase after that.

https://gomo.ie/last-updates/

AFAIK if ordered on Sunday you get first month for the activation fee (9.99).

Try it out before porting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Fann Linn wrote: »

I have 4 gomos. A little trouble at startup with one sim, but great since. Issue was traced to a setting at their end for data. Well worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Three €15 for 6 months on a 30 day contract.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058057194

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Cheapest is undoubtedly GoMo, currently €12.99pm for all calls, texts, 80Gb data, and 10Gb roaming. And importantly the price is fixed "for life".

They initial delayed my porting a bit and their (Eir) masts for Clonsilla, Blanchardstown incredibly still have no 4G aerials!!! Customer service is only via email or webchat and seems to lack technical support - but they're Irish and do seem to be trying to help (unlike Three who really don't).

I like that they honestly notify you before your home or roaming data run out and roaming includes calls and texts to any EU country (not just Ireland and your roaming country). Also you can get them to bar premium calls, texts and non-EU calls.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Another marketing gimmick! The terms make it quite clear they reserve the right to change the costs.

I'd imagine they will have a 5G plan & without ever having to increase the price of this plan most people will end up paying more to get the 5G. I'm happy on this plan. I'm happy with the speeds. I do think when I eventually upgrade to my next phone or the one after that it will be 5G, Having the 5G phone I will most likely move to their more expensive 5G plan. In the meantime I'm saving 20 euro per month compared to what Three were charging me,

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they will have a 5G plan & without ever having to increase the price of this plan most people will end up paying more to get the 5G. I'm happy on this plan. I'm happy with the speeds. I do think when I eventually upgrade to my next phone or the one after that it will be 5G, Having the 5G phone I will most likely move to their more expensive 5G plan. In the meantime I'm saving 20 euro per month compared to what Three were charging me,

The CEO of eir (their parent) has said Gomo won't offer 5G....it's a unique selling point for their eir product.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

quinnd6 wrote: »

Got to GoMo sims . Never had a problem with either one. Would definitely reccomend.

Fireball81 wrote: »
    The CEO of eir (their parent) has said Gomo won't offer 5G....it's a unique selling point for their eir product.

They are saying ghat now but Two of Three years down the road I think all plans will have it. Thats crystal ball gazing but if it mirrors what happened to 4G then it will end up on all plans at no extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They are saying ghat now but Two of Three years down the road I think all plans will have it. Thats crystal ball gazing but if it mirrors what happened to 4G then it will end up on all plans at no extra cost

That's before you had bargain basement plans....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

Same here!

Me too. Bargain

Advertisement