Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car previously reg'd in Ireland but no VLC

Options
  • 25-02-2020 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

I've been back and forth with a chap selling a Jag

Now he says the car has no V5 because it was incorrectly imported from Ireland and he therefore has no documentation for it, either side of the pond.

The car is MOT'd though ? How can that be ?
    I presume this would be virtually impossible to bring back here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

RobAMerc wrote: »

Now he says the car has no V5 because it was incorrectly imported from Ireland and he therefore has no documentation for it, either side of the pond.

Run a mile, you can’t vrt/register car in Ireland anymore without the V5C

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

RobAMerc wrote: »

Once a car is registered in the U.K. you receive a v5. The dvla won’t register a vehicle if everything is not in order. You don’t need a v5 document to mot a vehicle.

Avoid buying a vehicle unless the seller can prove he is the actual owner of the vehicle and can get a v5.... it’s strange someone would be reluctant to get a v5 for a car they are selling unless it’s not in their name...

When you say “ incorrectly imported from Ireland” what exactly do you mean?

Is it a private sale or a dealer selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

are cars marked for export when it was exported to UK ?
    Is there a way, knowing the Irish reg to request a new irish VLC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

sounds to me like he took the car back to the UK from Ireland and just stuck the UK plates back on it. I wonder if he managed to tax it?

If my theory is correct, it would still be Irish registered, do you have the Irish reg no for it so you could check?

I'd still run a mile though, sounds well dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Isambard wrote: »
    If my theory is correct, it would still be Irish registered, do you have the Irish reg no for it so you could check?

yes I do, where can I check it ?

I am not going to buy it btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement