Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashed My DJI Spark

Options
  • 15-01-2020 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭

Managed to tear off a couple of motors... any suggestions on whether to get the parts and fix it myself or is there anywhere I can get it looked at cost effectively?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

I would go with fixing it yourself. I've carried out numerous repairs and it's always been pretty easy.

You can get the genuine motors on ebay for around £7, and there are lots of videos on youtube talking you through the process, like this one for example...

I would advise having a decent set of precision screwdrivers though, I've found that some of the cheaper sets don't fit quite right and you can take the head off a screw very easily with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

irishejit wrote: »
    I would go with fixing it yourself. I've carried out numerous repairs and it's always been pretty easy.

You can get the genuine motors on ebay for around £7, and there are lots of videos on youtube talking you through the process, like this one for example...

I would advise having a decent set of precision screwdrivers though, I've found that some of the cheaper sets don't fit quite right and you can take the head off a screw very easily with them.

Thanks, think I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Model Heli Services in Ennis have DJI repair service.

But as irishejit said, have a crack yourself first if you feel comfortable, especially considering the price of the spark.

Advertisement