Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sometimes, just on rare occasions ...

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

.... You do something silly.

Yesterday I was dog sitting for my friends. Took the little dog for a walk on the beach. Going through the dunes I was concentrating on the dog, making sure it was ok. I stood in a ditch and over I went. OOPS :o

I had gone to a deserted area so nobody was there to laugh at me. :rolleyes: Sadly nobody there to help either. :( For about 10 minutes I was thrashing around like a beached whale. Thank heaven I had my walking sticks with me or I could have been still there. :D

The dog came back and sat there just looking at me. :D

This morning I am tired, stiff and sore LOL :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Aw poor diddums!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Don't worry Rubecula you are not alone. Pulled a similar stunt myself last winter. Took the dog for a walk to a different beach than our normal one. Decided to go via the dunes on the way down the beach and then go back along the sand. Only problem was normal exits from the dunes had been blocked since the last time I was there. Only way I could think of getting down was over some just above knee level wire. Not a problem I thought, dog goes under down onto the beach, I swing my left leg over the wire but hit off it. Yes of course it is an electric fence, get a jolt somehow twist around, fall on my back and manage to slide down the dune. Dog thought it was a new game :D. I can tell you it took some time for me to turn myself over and start trying to crawl to find something to lean on to try and get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Forgive me Layinghen but I can't help but laugh at the images.

I laugh now as well but I wasn't laughing then. Thank goodness there was no one around I could have ended up being a YouTube sensation:D

Layinghen fried and rolled LOL :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Crawling up a sand dune trying to find something to haul oneself up on, been there, done that - very frustrating!

.... and embarrassing LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

If one falls over in a Forest of sand, and there's none around to hear, does one make any noise?

If one falls over in a Forest of sand, and there's none around to hear, does one make any noise?

I swore a bit :D

Just visualising all the O & O's frolicking around in the sand dunes! :D

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Just visualising all the O & O's frolicking around in the sand dunes! :D

Playing "I'm The King Of The Castle" ? Fighting over the scones and biccies? Taking the dentures out to munch on the prepacked sandwiches? Or simply getting to the top and collapsing in a heap of giggling O&O's? :D:D

I could go for that LOL

So could I! Bring lashings of ginger beer! :D

Looks like it is on then LOL

Only problem is half of us would get lost and when the other half go looking they won't remember what they are looking for:D

Aha a snag. Maybe some hot soup would help? Where is Chucken when you need her?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:pac: Nice to I'm needed.

I laughed..more at poor Layinghen though I'll admit :D

me too. learn by mistakes but make sure they are someone else's LOL

Well, some of us have to learn the hard way :rolleyes:

I am still chuckling at you and that fence. I must be a real sadist LOL

Advertisement