Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bench

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

SCOL wrote: »
    I'm looking at building something like that for my shed, appx whats the cost of the material ?

Sorry was away from t'internet all weekend, so just getting back to this now.

Total cost of the steel, nuts + bolts, castors and electrics for the table is just shy of €650. A bare bones table just top and frame would be around €450. Can give you a more itemised breakdown of everything used if you need it.
    einn32 wrote: »
    Some job! Great workmanship. Requires the user to put back the tools in the right place though so wouldn't work around here!

ha! I used to have a similar filing system for the tools too, but I just got tired of spending half an hour trying to remember the last place I used the tool I need, so built this instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Micheal H wrote: »
    Sorry was away from t'internet all weekend, so just getting back to this now.

Total cost of the steel, nuts + bolts, castors and electrics for the table is just shy of €650. A bare bones table just top and frame would be around €450. Can give you a more itemised breakdown of everything used if you need it.

ha! I used to have a similar filing system for the tools too, but I just got tired of spending half an hour trying to remember the last place I used the tool I need, so built this instead.

Where did you get the set of drawers for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

stock> wrote: »
    Where did you get the set of drawers for it??

That was a Lidl or Aldi job I got years ago that I decided to shoehorn into the table as it wasn't getting much use otherwise. Had to cut a few lumps out of it, but managed to squeeze it in. I wouldn't have liked to have done it to more expensive drawers! The big press at the bottom is very handy for keeping the welding helmet and gloves in.

497236.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Michael H. I’ll bet fabricating a head scoop would be no problem to you, they are pretty expensive to buy. Our one looks a simple enough design, cost around €300 a few years ago. Toothed wheel mechanism with a quick release spring. The scoop is U shaped, lined with what looks like cut out from a conveyer belt. Could be a nice little earner.

Advertisement