Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-11-2018, 00:09   #1
sligono1

Currid

I am doing a little research on my grandmother's family they are Currid I am not finding much about this surname it seems a family crest is no existent on the web and all I can really find out so far is it's a name that seems to to hail from co Sligo
Advertisement
28-11-2018, 07:46   #2
spurious
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligono1 View Post
I am doing a little research on my grandmother's family they are Currid I am not finding much about this surname it seems a family crest is no existent on the web and all I can really find out so far is it's a name that seems to to hail from co Sligo
Appears as Kurrid in earlier parish registers.
28-11-2018, 09:16   #3
pinkypinky

Have a look at John Grenham's site, he has some details.

And don't get hung up on coats of arms (crests being part of a coat of arms). I have a whole rant about arms which I'm sure I've posted on this forum before.
29-11-2018, 12:19   #4
enfield

I just came across a Private Bernard Currid, enlisted 18/07/1919 in Sligo, aged 21/6 months, a farm labourer, born St Johns, Sligo, son of Mrs Mary Currid, Charles Street, Sligo. Entitled to the War Medal and the 1914/15 Star, discharged termination of engagement at Warwick on 18/05/1922, behaviour very good, address on dishcarge Charles Street Sligo.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion