Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Very Strong Winds - Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Squall line going through south Laois.

A drop of 3c in fifteen minutes and a top gust of 37mph (almost gale force which is 39mph).

Mad stuff! Just 2mm of rainfall though and looking out at it you would say it was a soaking wet morning. Just goes to show what the wind makes the rain seem like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not often I quarrel with the weather but this is like nothing else!

Heavy hard-drumming rain, and the paths and garden beyond the raised concrete pathway are flooded and muddied. And no respite. Dratted wind is gusting smoke from the stove into the kitchen.

And they say worse to come?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Squall line through clondalkin and temps have dropped 2c in minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

severe gusts just blew up here out of nowhere on the west coast now,west Mayo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Some morning here in Tralee, hasn't stopped raining with frequent heavy pulses and now a heavy mix of hail and rain and temperature dropping back. Blustery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That squall line has just arrived in Dublin 16. 13.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Wind and rain picking up suddenly in D4 too, quite gusty.

DOCARCH wrote: »

Yep. Quite a distinctive feature on the 1.15pm radar image.

497279.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

DOCARCH wrote: »

Not too much rain (here) from that, but temp has dropped to 10.5c. Fall of 3c in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Was like buckets of water being thrown at the windows in Naas with very strong winds racing down the street.
    13mm in the gauge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Down to about 7 degrees in cork city from 13 in the last hour or two. Wind has died down a bit but still wet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

6.4l mm in Arklow so far,80kmh max gust
    Still raining and gusting to 50
    10.2c

pad199207 wrote: »
    Was like buckets of water being thrown at the windows in Naas with very strong winds racing down the street.
    13mm in the gauge

It was an awful lot worse just west of you
    Awful you missed out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Didn’t notice any particular squall in my location near Limerick City earlier today. We have persistent rain and wind for quite a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Popped home at lunch and my estate was like a wheelie bin obstacle course. Someone else's recycling has cleared the 6ft fence into the back garden. I had missed the warning, wasn't expecting this weather at all.

EDIT: My house is in North County Dublin.

The wind is slowly gentling to an amicable roar with a purr in its voice!

Slowly peacening. Just a louder huff now and then to remind us!

Bliss!

west mayo offshore island

NB Had just finished the above when an almighty squall erupted! The loudest yet and an almighty loud tattoo on the roof!

So much for peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It was a wet and windy day, but seriously, is there really a need for a thread for every yellow warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

We'll check on the storm index for this un-named mini-maelstrom (look for it tomorrow). Storm index was presented as a new concept over in the Atiyah thread. Lorenzo is the current under-achiever at 15/100.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It was a wet and windy day, but seriously, is there really a need for a thread for every yellow warning?

What are we conserving valuable thread space for?

We'll check on the storm index for this un-named mini-maelstrom (look for it tomorrow). Storm index was presented as a new concept over in the Atiyah thread. Lorenzo is the current under-achiever at 15/100.

Maybe to stir up some healthy debate ( ;) ) there could be a separately calculated "Predicted storm index" that tabulates the highest state of M.E. warnings applied to any given storm event?

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    What are we conserving valuable thread space for?

Maybe for something other than standard mid-December weather?

Maybe for something other than standard mid-December weather?

Why? What does it matter if someone starts a thread for something you supposedly don't care about?

Why? What does it matter if someone starts a thread for something you supposedly don't care about?

?? It's pretty clear you're just trying to stir it and wouldn't have commented had anyone else said it.

?? It's pretty clear you're just trying to stir it and wouldn't have commented had anyone else said it.

Okay...I'm just pointing out that the expanses available to create threads on boards.ie are essentially infinite, and complaining that someone created a thread about some vaguely interesting weather today seems a little petty because of that.

I blame smart phones!
    Not for this thread,I've no problem with the thread
    I just blame them for the hoo haa
    Also for the fact I should be in bed
    Speaking of which,Good night everybody
    Sleep tight :)

Okay...I'm just pointing out that the expanses available to create threads on boards.ie are essentially infinite, and complaining that someone created a thread about some vaguely interesting weather today seems a little petty because of that.

Lovely moon out there tonight. Maybe I'll start a thread on it so...

Lovely moon out there tonight. Maybe I'll start a thread on it so...

I'm sure it would be happily received by plenty of posters! Better than whatever is currently going on in After Hours, I'm sure

A wild and noisy night nearly over.

Reminds me of the metrical version of Saint Patrick's Breastplate.. " The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks..."

Some things do not change over many, many centuries..

Feels very, very cold this morning. Not ventured past the door yet.. NB my Christmas lights should be here today so they are going straight up to bring some cheerfulness!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I think it tied Lorenzo at 15. Relegation material.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ooh. Yellow wind warning.

Advertisement