Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortening Coax Cable between Virgin wallbox and modem

Options
  • 01-12-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭

When I had Virgin install modem in my house I had them leave a long length of coax cable between the wall box and modem, as the modem and PC were originally going to be in different part of the house to the wall box. Things changed and now the PC is next to the wall box and I have a lot of excess looping coax cable in the way.

Does anyone know where I can either buy a replacement length of cable (2-3 meters) or a replacement connector (they have cabelcon 4.9 push on connectors, which can't be taken off and re-used from what I can tell), Preferably in Dublin/Ireland so I can get them soon.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I had exactly the same problem as you, loops and loops of co-ax. I made up a cable from a roll of satellite cable I bought from freetv and two F couplings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Thanks.

I ended up going to a place in Dublin 12 (SatWorld) and getting a Cabelcon connector and a cable stripping tool and shortening the cable myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I used the fail safe approach, made up my own cable and if it didn't work I still had the original:D

Advertisement