Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nordmende oven DOI415IX new not heating up

• 27-11-2020 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all I'm hopeless with this. It's a brand new unit got it from showroom never used. Hooked it up and to my surprise its not heating up.
    Just wondering if the showroom / shop display ovens are restricted in some way as security measures or the installer disconnected something internally so it won't be turn on full blast by mistake while in the shop? Please help, the person who was going to help is on leave till 7th of December. Ps. Turns on, clock on the display, fan, lights works you can hear the click while you set up temp, the heat light indicator shows as its heating up to desired temperature, but nothing happens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 arturcreo

Rang them for last week, sent countless emails, nobody knows anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭zega

arturcreo wrote: »
    Rang them for last week, sent countless emails, nobody knows anything.

If it turns on with lights and the clock it means its getting full voltage.so the issue is probably the heating element,ring them and demand a refund/exhange as theyve sold you an item of unmerchantable quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Is the clock set? I know sounds odd but we had the same issue with our oven. Once the clock was set the oven heated. I’m not sure what the idea is behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jrosen wrote: »
    Is the clock set? I know sounds odd but we had the same issue with our oven. Once the clock was set the oven heated. I’m not sure what the idea is behind it.

+1 my sister bought a new oven and last Christmas when she went to use it for the first time, it didn't heat up and the solution was simply to set the time on the clock.

I never suspected that the clock would fix it. I've been in several houses where the clock on the oven is flashing all day because they flip the isolator switch when they're going to bed at night and they never set the clock but this oven refused to heat up unless the time was set. And it wasn't a Nordmende.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

https://www.nordmende.ie/FAQRetrieve.aspx?ID=50770
    Why does my NordMende oven not turn on?
    The first thing to check if your oven won’t turn on is if the time is set on the clock. Always ensure there is a time set on your oven clock. Also ensure there is no auto timer set on your oven. Refer to your user manual to use these functions

• Advertisement
Advertisement