Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a router

Options
  • 26-11-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace my parents virgin media hub or rather use it in bridge mode.

They have a high number of devices with I think is partly to blame for their issues. A did a scan last time I was over and there were 29 devices. I know there are a few that were offline at the time that are also normally online.

Some are wired directly to the virgin hub, some are at the far end of extenders (both power line and WiFi boosters) but a large number of devices in WiFi.

House is solid concrete walls and router position at the moment is in an alcove beside a fireplace.

Suspect a large amount of wireless devices is partly to blame for the dropouts, that an the poor virgin hubs.

Was hoping to pick them up something in the black Friday sales circa 80-100 quid to help. Perhaps something that I could also use the bike a mesh going forward to help with dead spots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ballwebhost

All of the Fritz! Box routers are great. We replaced the Vodafone Gigabox with the Fritz! Box 7590. It's pricey, between €150-200 but well worth it. The OS behind the routers is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I have VM and in a covid rush bought the TP Deco 4 , 3 units. 1 plugs into the router, the other two you plug in elsewhere and it works brilliantly.
    Am sure there are newer better options think Amazon have their own too.

Advertisement