Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plaster over expanding foam

• 27-11-2020 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Had to cut out around a leaking pipe under a boiler to nip up a pipe and stop a leak. Roughly round hole that I filled with expanding foam that I’ve cut back to below the surface and just wondering what the best product would be for filling/skimming over the foam and level with the plasterboard wall?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you could drive some long screws at a diagonal to hold in some expanding metal. the diagonal is to stop pulling out
    mind the pipe :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Polly bond
    Plaster skrim tape over
    Skim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Had to cut out around a leaking pipe under a boiler to nip up a pipe and stop a leak. Roughly round hole that I filled with expanding foam that I’ve cut back to below the surface and just wondering what the best product would be for filling/skimming over the foam and level with the plasterboard wall?
    Thanks

I've used Ronseal filler; it comes ready mixed,
    Excellent stuff very small crystals,

pmxufFYSj

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El_robbo1980

LenWoods wrote: »
    I've used Ronseal filler; it comes ready mixed,
    Excellent stuff very small crystals,

pmxufFYSj

I was looking at that, gets good reviews, can it go direct onto the foam or would poly bond and tape be best first?

I was looking at that, gets good reviews, can it go direct onto the foam or would poly bond and tape be best first?

I applied it directly over foam in two layers, one layer slightly off the finish, then a second layer to finish,
    I recessed all my radiator pipes in to the walls, filled around them with unibond white-tec foam then trimmed foam back and applied this directly, pipes are inside there four years now and the surface hasn't cracked or changed atall
    Take care when lifting the tub of filler off from the shelf; it's very light, I got my hand on the shelf above as I was expecting the tub to be over 1.5kg but it's only around 500g in weight but the tub is full.

poBaKoq4j

poOY62Gzj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Your pictures aren’t straight, that would do my head in :pac:

Your pictures aren’t straight, that would do my head in :pac:

They were very well marked out prior to painting the wall,
    There exactly 1.5" apart all round

Advertisement