Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite in Ballintyre

Options
  • 05-08-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Would anyone have any information about pyrite in Ballintyre? We are sale agreed on a property in the estate and have been told by the management company there in pyrite in 5 of the 17 blocks. Any information any has would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Where is it, Leitrim?
    what does your pre-purchase survey say?

ps
    Have you an out in the sale agreed?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Would anyone have any information about pyrite in Ballintyre? We are sale agreed on a property in the estate and have been told by the management company there in pyrite in 5 of the 17 blocks. Any information any has would be greatly appreciated.

The management co. know there is pyrite in 5 of 17 but can't say which ones?

Presumably someone has a report determining 5/17 and that report is available, along with the testing method / means of establishing this 'fact'

Personally I wouldn't go near anything associated with pyrite - bar there being an insurance bond was in place to cover against any future issue. Anything less than that (e.g. a surveyors conclusion) is only as good the insurance covering him - which I wouldn't want to be claiming against (look for hedging in the report)

Think of the day you have to resell and folk go Googling this place and the word pyrite comes up. And imagine resale time occurs when there is plenty of other places people can look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 raemuirfean

They do know which buildings have been effected. The one we have agreed to buy is pyrite free. The issue is the cost of repairs; the costs incurred when all avenues of compensation have been exhausted will be split by all the units in the complex not just the affected buildings. So each owner will have to take an equal split of the repair cost. Apparently this is the law for all shared leasehold tenancies i.e. most/all apartment complexes in Ireland?

Yes we can pull out of the sale but there are not that many apartments for sale in the area, Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Handanella

Hi, just wondering if you went ahead with this sale and have you heard any more about the pyrite? We are looking at an apartment here and are wondering what the repair costs would be even though the block we are looking at is pyrite free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

I see there are pyrite repairs going ahead at the moment. The apartments in the courtyard of the old house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Anyone hear anything more about when the pyrite works might be taking place on the main blocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Is there pyrite in the main blocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Rackstar wrote:
    Is there pyrite in the main blocks?

In about 5 of them that I believe will require some work. When, is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 graphelan

Hi there - does anyone know if this has been resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Missrazzmatazz

Hi there! Does anyone have up to date information on the status of the Pyrite situation in Ballintyre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Juleswexico

Hi there! Does anyone have up to date information on the status of the Pyrite situation in Ballintyre?

Hi I was wondering have an update on pyrite in ballintyre.sale agreed on a property that had pyrite but it has been fixed and a green cert in place. Still put off now though

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Hi I was wondering have an update on pyrite in ballintyre.sale agreed on a property that had pyrite but it has been fixed and a green cert in place. Still put off now though

If it’s been fixed, I wouldn’t worry about it.

The pyrite was in the hardcore used in the sub slab and was removed.

I saw some of the work done in that development, very professional and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abhishek8720

I too am sale agreed on an apartment there. Is it a house you are sale agreed on, or is it an apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Leskel

Looking at a house & wondering if anyone has purchased in ballintyre with pyrite & fixed the issue themself?

Advertisement