Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Who can blame him he worked for Moyes for years and got booed at a pre season game against Sevilla by bangkok and his friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

RobertKK wrote: »
    Telegraph has a 'How United might line up next season'.

Lloris
    Clyne, Hummels Rojo, Blind
    Young Carrick, Pogba
    Bale, Rooney, Depay

ok they gave no formation but that is the 11 players they used.

2008 Carrick was good, but probably not good enough for us to play with 10 men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rooney has been in midfield because of injuries.

I realise that but work around it so he plays upfront, not CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd take Veratti over Pogba, Veratti is more suited to possession team

I looked at Blinds lack and said jesus and then looked at him and i decided to vote yes encase i ever change my mind.

I would take Schniderlen over Pogba and Verrati

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Nuts102 wrote: »

You live up to your username.

chupacabra wrote: »
    You live up to your username.

I don;t watch much PSG and it would sicken me to play a fortune for Pogba. Maybe i am wrong i just think Schniederlen is top class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Veratti and Schniederlin are definitely good players and I guess it comes down to opinion, but for me Pogba has everything. Tackling, passing, heading, technique, big engine, long shot accuracy, and at such a young age. He's going to be around for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Fenix wrote: »
    Veratti and Schniederlin are definitely good players and I guess it comes down to opinion, but for me Pogba has everything. Tackling, passing, heading, technique, big engine, long shot accuracy, and at such a young age. He's going to be around for a long time.

It would be a dream to get Pogba back but I just don't see him returning. I'd say we can get Cylne from Southampton but him and schniderlin would be too much imo unless we offer them the likes of chicarito or such. The real question is if Di Maria were to leave for PSG, could we get Verrati in.

Schneiderlin is like Matic but we need a player to play the Fabregas role first before we need to replace Carrick

Herrera has looked promising but I don't think he's Van Gaal's man to play that number 8 position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I looked at Blinds lack and said jesus and then looked at him and i decided to vote yes encase i ever change my mind.

Haha your definitely a waterford man :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha your definitely a waterford man :):)

Us Waterford men must stick together after Kyrogen left us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Who can blame him he worked for Moyes for years and got booed at a pre season game against Sevilla by bangkok and his friends.

Now now I've said it before il say it again, I have nothing against fellaini, a likeable chap, just not good enough for Man Utd starting 11. Idiots only boo their own players as well, no time for them

I presume you are messing?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Paul Pogba should never have been let go, the club should've throw as much money at him to make sure he'd stay, but now Juventus are reaping the rewards.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Paul Pogba should never have been let go, the club should've throw as much money at him to make sure he'd stay, but now Juventus are reaping the rewards.

They offered him a 5 Year contract and 35k a week as an 18 year old, savage deal

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bangkok wrote: »
    They offered him a 5 Year contract and 35k a week as an 18 year old, savage deal

He should've taken it, he was in my opinion, the ready made replacement for Paul Scholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

From earlier this year.
    Paul Pogba has revealed why he left Manchester United but insisted he still loves the club and will never "speak ill" of them.
    "I'm impatient," Pogba, 21, told FourFourTwo. 'It was the feeling I had. The coach (Ferguson) had faith in me but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young.
    "He said 'your time will come' but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club."
    In an earlier interview, Pogba had said the final straw at United had come when Ferguson picked full-back Rafael ahead of him in midfield.
    Pogba said: "It was a very, very difficult moment for me because I was in love with Manchester and I was a Mancunian.
    "It was the match against Blackburn in December 2011 at Old Trafford.
    "Paul Scholes had retired, Darren Fletcher was injured. There was no one left to play in midfield. And I was training and I was beginning to get better bit by bit and the coach never stopped telling me, 'You're this far'.
    "And I didn't understand. This far away from what? Playing? From having some playing time? From getting on the field? Or what?
    "And there was Rafael in midfield and I was disgusted. I was disgusted and I didn't get on either."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11345440/Paul-Pogba-I-still-love-Manchester-United-but-they-never-gave-me-a-chance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'd take Veratti over Pogba, Veratti is more suited to possession team

I agree on Pogba being less suited to keeping possession. He'll do amazing things, but he's not so good at keeping hold of the ball. But I think you can afford those players if the rest of the team is strong at it. Juve have the perfect set up for him, surrounding him with midfielders that are excellent at keeping and directing possession (although Pirlo is starting to show his age and giving it away easier this year).

I think United would need to upgrade on Carrick in the DM if we wanted to play Pogba in the team. Otherwise in games against the best teams we'd end up playing without the ball too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Us Waterford men must stick together after Kyrogen left us

Haha I'm not a waterford man but I know one when I hear one haha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

depay da man

Pro. F wrote: »
    I agree on Pogba being less suited to keeping possession. He'll do amazing things, but he's not so good at keeping hold of the ball. But I think you can afford those players if the rest of the team is strong at it. Juve have the perfect set up for him, surrounding him with midfielders that are excellent at keeping and directing possession (although Pirlo is starting to show his age and giving it away easier this year).

I think United would need to upgrade on Carrick in the DM if we wanted to play Pogba in the team. Otherwise in games against the best teams we'd end up playing without the ball too much.

Van Gaal said during the week that he wants a right sided (I presume he means footed) holding midfielder so I don't think that we will be waiting long for a new DM

We were linked with Nainggolan earlier in the year and I wouldn't object, I saw a stat that he's been the best tackler in Serie A the past 5 seasons which is fairly impressive, he gets a lot of credit for enabling Roma's flowing attack too, Schneiderlin would be an option although Southampton players haven't been doing too well after leaving the club

One to watch is the Brazilian Allan off Udinese, two footed can see a pass but is a beast of a tackler too, I'd be surprised if he isn't playing for a big European club next season. Probably Juve if one of theirs leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

For what United need, definitely. People are underestimating fellaini's ability imo. He Has shown his skills this season and still people doubt him. He has everything needed to play CM for a top team imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Interesting insight into Van Gaal from Fellaini....
    Louis van Gaal went mad when some of his Manchester United players were one minute late for lunch.

United target man Marouane Fellaini revealed Van Gaal, a stickler for time and discipline, blew his top at a group of his squad and issued on the spot fines.

Fellaini, who has enjoyed a revival under Van Gaal, said: “He blew a fuse the other day when a group of 10 of us were one minute late for lunch after training.

“You think one minute is nothing and it wasn’t for training, but for the canteen. For him it’s important though.

“He dished out a few fines. That’s what happens to late-comers and even for a red card. You get fined, too, for a bad foul”.

Fellaini also claimed United will be “a machine” next season under Van Gaal, whom he claimed was merely running in his players this term, just like a new car.

“We’ve worked with him for months and are getting to know him,” said Fellaini.

“His thing is circulating the ball and pressing the opponent. Everything is repetition with him.

“We do practically the same exercises each week. Next season we will be a machine. At the moment, we are running it in.

“There is intensity and people get stuck in. Players limp about, but there is never a foul. There is no referee.
    “We lost one session 1-0. [Robin] van Persie scored after a heavy foul, but Van Gaal didn’t blow. It’s in those games that you have to win your place.”

And the Belgian international admitted he wept when David Moyes, the man who took him for £27.5 million, was sacked.

He said: “I was sad when he went. I came into the canteen and saw him in a suit instead of his tracksuit. He called me into his office and told me.

“There were tears and that is normal, I am human. I worked six years with him. He was not a second father, but almost. He helped me a lot”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-sacked-manchester-united-3261523

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

For some reason Ravel Morrison popped into my head this morning. Could I just ask, was he really going to be the next big thing if he could sort out his head and friends or was he mainly hype because he was English?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

For some reason Ravel Morrison popped into my head this morning. Could I just ask, was he really going to be the next big thing if he could sort out his head and friends or was he mainly hype because he was English?

He had the raw talent to be world class. I don't think anyone can argue against that. However, he never will be due to his attitude. It's sad but thats life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Liam O wrote: »
    For what United need, definitely. People are underestimating fellaini's ability imo. He Has shown his skills this season and still people doubt him. He has everything needed to play CM for a top team imo.

Everything being?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Jamie Jackson:
    ‘Pogba’s an interesting one, I think United would swallow their pride if they could get him, because he looks like he’s got everything.
    ‘He’s young, he’s dynamic, he scores goals and know the club, of course, having been there.’

I don't think Van Gaal would care about past history, if he wants him, and a deal is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Would it make Ferguson look bad if they tried to resign him? I'd love to see him rejoin, was gutted like everyone when he left

Would it make Ferguson look bad if they tried to resign him? I'd love to see him rejoin, was gutted like everyone when he left

I dont think anyone cares if it makes Ferguson look bad. He would be a great signging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

chupacabra wrote: »
    I dont think anyone cares if it makes Ferguson look bad. He would be a great signging.

Ferguson would care, wouldn't underestimate his influence on the club even now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Nah. Both parties were right to leave at the time. How many other players in the world have left a club at 18 and turned into massive players 2/3 years later. Not many.

Ferguson isn't to blame. Pogba taught he was good enough, fergie said he will get his chance in time like everyone else. He wasn't a super special talent at the time. Was a pretty decent prospect.
    Plus Italy was calling him at 18 years of age, great move for him. Trading northern English girls for Italians. Easy choice.

I'd like to think, privately, Ferguson is man enough to admit that he made a mistake with Pogba and not give a fig if he can be signed again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Would like to see one of the young lads like Perriera or Rothwell get a chance today instead of shoehorning Rooney into midfield again.

Realistically we need two CMs this summer as Blind just isn't good enough to fill in for Carrick and Rooney shouldn't be a 4th or even 5tg choice for midfield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The sacking of his man Moyes after 10 months and the spending of enormous amounts of cash shows how much influence he actually still has at the club.

If Pogba was open to rejoin, it would only matter to Pogba, Van Gaal and Ed Woodward.
    Van Gaal will only care about his team, not the feelings of Ferguson.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surely we can't go 0-4 in 4 games, right :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would love to see us sign Pogba but I be surprised if we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Surely we can't go 0-4 in 4 games, right :(

Their form is not good either.

Last 3 games.
    Vs WBA (H) lost 2-0
    Vs Hull (H) Lost 2-0
    Vs Chelsea (A) lost 1-0

So lost 2 at home and 1 away in last 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Rooney isn't still at the club because Ferguson has a say in the running of the squad.I think the united owners allow the manger to chose his players. Rightly so.

But pogba leaving wasn't fergusons fault. His demands were unreasonable considering what little he had done at the club.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Their form is not good either.

Last 3 games.
    Vs WBA (H) lost 2-0
    Vs Hull (H) Lost 2-0
    Vs Chelsea (A) lost 1-0

So lost 2 at home and 1 away in last 3 games.

so between the 2 teams neither team has scored in over 540 minutes of football.

It will be 4-3 classic now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

so between the 2 teams neither team has scored in over 540 minutes of football.

It will be 4-3 classic now.

Or a drab 0-0 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Delboy5

beno619 wrote: »
    Would like to see one of the young lads like Perriera or Rothwell get a chance today instead of shoehorning Rooney into midfield again.
    Realistically we need two CMs this summer as Blind just isn't good enough to fill in for Carrick and Rooney shouldn't be a 4th or even 5tg choice for midfield.

No need to worry today, sounds like Rooney back up front this evening....probably means blind in midfield and Shaw left back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Be interesting to see what effect if any, this bug has on the team selection.

3 points today and we are done and dusted. Recent results and our away form this season doesn't bode well but I have a feeling Utd will step up today and claim the 3 points.

adox wrote: »
    Be interesting to see what effect if any, this bug has on the team selection.

3 points today and we are done and dusted. Recent results and our away form this season doesn't bode well but I have a feeling Utd will step up today and claim the 3 points.

Just hope this virus is nothing more then minor.

My heart says United win, but head says draw.

Nervous about today. Had we won last week like we should I be looking forward to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very nervous about today's game now that Carrick is out. We could easily drop points in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just for the muppets:

TEAM8may15manutdv3-286181.jpg

Le10 Sport saying £22 million is the fee for Lacazette from Lyon,they may be more willing to let him join United over PSG.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement