Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

Would love the league again next season and the FA cup which I still love as much as ever. The UCL I think will be a holy grail for Jose after achieving it with other clubs but not with his Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Would love the league again next season and the FA cup which I still love as much as ever. The UCL I think will be a holy grail for Jose after achieving it with other clubs but not with his Chelsea.

We'd have won it in 2004/05 if it wasnt for those peskys scousers and their ghost goals :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Catching up on old posts but imaging a coaching team of Cech,Terry,Drogba :) . Heck get lampard back too and we have every area of the pitch sorted :P

I reckon terry and drogba are shoe ins to come back anyway.

JT might even play a part for the senior team along the lines, hes proper Chelsea and would keep an eternal bond to the fans if it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Soby wrote: »
    Catching up on old posts but imaging a coaching team of Cech,Terry,Drogba :) . Heck get lampard back too and we have every area of the pitch sorted :P

Just because they're good players, doesn't necessarily make them good coaches. Maradona anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

JT26 wrote: »
    Have the Greizmann rumors gone cold?

Read somewhere or another last night that Bayern were in the hunt now and Atletico wouldn't consider selling anything below his buy out clause.
    So nothing new I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I reckon terry and drogba are shoe ins to come back anyway.

JT might even play a part for the senior team along the lines, hes proper Chelsea and would keep an eternal bond to the fans if it happened.

sounds so great that ...

• Advertisement

No hope on Ronaldo, himself and Jose arent exactly the best of buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

No hope on Ronaldo, himself and Jose arent exactly the best of buddies.

Wouldn't want him either, he's a bad influence on a team ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

the_monkey wrote: »

May be true but commercially he would be a fantastic addition even tho with FFP being relaxed now is less important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the_monkey wrote: »

yeah you can stick your 61 goals in a season :)

If Ronaldo becomes available its a no brainer really.

Ditto for Messi, Suarez, Neymar, to a lesser extent Bale.

All those guys bring goals, goals win games.

peteeeed wrote: »
    yeah you can stick your 61 goals in a season :)

Not to mention the lemons it'd make the ManU supporters suck

For the record, while scoring 40 odd, 50, goals in La Liga seems to be the norm for Messi and Ronaldo, the EPL record is 31 goals in a 38 game season.

Shearer, Ronaldo and Suarez all done it, Suarez has the best goals/game ratio out of those.

Chelseas most goals in an EPL season is 29 in 32 games from Drogba, Costa would have ran him close if he was fit I'd say but Drogba was on fire that year.

If Costa pushes past 20 EPL goals next year again I'll be happy.

So Cuadrado could be sold in the summer :pac:

If reports from Italy are to be believed, hes unsettled and wants to return to Serie A.

Hopefully we've kept the receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If reports from Italy are to be believed, hes unsettled and wants to return to Serie A.

Hope we're not charged a restocking charge.

Take Salah back, be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

:/ Will be annoying if we lose badly on him, will undo good work from loan players being sold. He'll only be let go if there's some sort of replacement in place anyway, need proper backup if we're serious about challenging on all fronts next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd only get rid if we were getting Bale in

If we do sell Cuadrado hes going to need a massive Copa America so we dont lose our bo**ocks on him in a re-sale.

In fact I'd say most clubs will only want to loan him if we did want him off the books.

I'd love Griezmann, I'd prefer Bale though if Griezmann is going to go for £60m but I cant see Real selling Bale this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

good to see Jose out and about in Bangkok

11329891_10153124637752713_2937324182524210261_n.jpg?oh=b98aad9881bc928b94b97da4d2d06689&oe=55F815F0

A post about Bangkok, from Bangkok?

:eek:

A post about Bangkok, from Bangkok?

:eek:

thanks from Bangkok

Rafas leaving Napoli, looking nailed on for Real.

Given the relationship between Jose and Rafa, are lack of, theres very little chance we'll be in for any Real players in the near future IMO.

Start ruling out Bale and Varane anyway :pac:

Rafas leaving Napoli, looking nailed on for Real.

Given the relationship between Jose and Rafa, are lack of, theres very little chance we'll be in for any Real players in the near future IMO.

Start ruling out Bale and Varane anyway :pac:

just on that, Real Madrid managers don't decide on what players to buy and sell. Manager basically manages his players that he is given, so no reason why a Madrid player wouldn't end up at Chelsea...... or Man utd

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    just on that, Real Madrid managers don't decide on what players to buy and sell. Manager basically manages his players that he is given, so no reason why a Madrid player wouldn't end up at Chelsea...... or Man utd

I'd imagine he'd kick up a fuss if hes only in the door and they sell Bale or Varane or CR7 straight off the bat :pac:

I'd imagine he'd kick up a fuss if hes only in the door and they sell Bale or Varane or CR7 straight off the bat :pac:

yea but imo no chance of any of them 3 being sold. just look at the way Alonso and di maria were sold last year. could see Benzema or Jese being sold this season if they are after aguero

bangkok wrote: »
    yea but imo no chance of any of them 3 being sold. just look at the way Alonso and di maria were sold last year. could see Benzema or Jese being sold this season if they are after aguero

I'd imagine it would be Benzema as Aguero would relegate him to the bench, Jese might stick around.

They might still buy back Morata but I'd say they'll go for a marquee style signing.

I also agree that they wont sell any of the 3 I've mentioned but you just never know with Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What in the name of hell are they thinking getting that egg as manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

duploelabs wrote: »
    Just because they're good players, doesn't necessarily make them good coaches. Maradona anyone?

Hope for anyone if Giggs can get AM

Cesc has had surgery on his broken nose. He'll be back and Cescy next season in no time.

• Advertisement

Jose has had his say on transfer this summer.
    Two or three are always coming to the club, that's normal, but if you come to a champion team you are not a big name. The big names are the champions.

"How can I find a better striker than Diego Costa? A better midfielder than Nemanja Matic? A better right-back than Branislav Ivanovic?

"The most important thing in the market is not to lose players. The players I am looking for are my players, the players I want to keep. Last season I had players I wanted to sell. We have started building a team for the next decade. This season was the beginning of that."

So no upgrades on Matic, Costa or Ivan are to be expected at least.

Its likely we'll need to replace Cech and Drogba but beyond that, unless people leave I dont think we'll do much business, the best business was done last year with Cesc and Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jose has had his say on transfer this summer.

So no upgrades on Matic, Costa or Ivan are to be expected at least.

Its likely we'll need to replace Cech and Drogba but beyond that, unless people leave I dont think we'll do much business, the best business was done last year with Cesc and Costa.

I doubt Jose would be so complacent. He will always be looking to improve on what he has.

greendom wrote: »
    I doubt Jose would be so complacent. He will always be looking to improve on what he has.

We will, but our main issues are back up GK, 2nd/3rd choice CF and IMO, another CM to help Cesc and Matic rotate a bit more.

They should be our 3 priorities, I'm all for Loftus Cheek been given a lot of game time but hes not a true DM, nor is he a proper creative CM, more of a box to box player and we have one in Ramires although hsi footballing abaility is pretty limited.

A RW with goals and assists would be nice too but weve spent enoug on Caudrado that he'll be given another season IMO, worse case scenario hes dumped in January 2016.

As long as we get our business done early I'll be happy, we done it last year and it really helped, scrapping until transfer deadline day is horrible, its exciting for the fans and Sky but doesnt help the player or club.

Pool have supposedly offered £10m for Clyne which, surprise surprise, has been rejected.

If they really want him they'll have to add probably another 7-10m to that price.

I wouldnt mind him but I'm not mad on the idea of spending that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Pool have supposedly offered £10m for Clyne which, surprise surprise, has been rejected.

If they really want him they'll have to add probably another 7-10m to that price.

I wouldnt mind him but I'm not mad on the idea of spending that much.

Do we really need him tho, Ivan and azp are rb and zouma can play there. It's a good young lb we should be looking for imo

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Do we really need him tho, Ivan and azp are rb and zouma can play there. It's a good young lb we should be looking for imo

Jay Dasilva looks decent in the youths but hes wel off being EPL ready.

If we could tempt Valencia with Luis, we could go after Gaya but thats a fantasy signing more than anything else IMO.

Jay Dasilva looks decent in the youths but hes wel off being EPL ready.

If we could tempt Valencia with Luis, we could go after Gaya but thats a fantasy signing more than anything else IMO.

We're probably ok tho with Ivan at rb and azp at lb for another season. We have are aswel for the future , is he a lb or cm tho?

We're probably ok tho with Ivan at rb and azp at lb for another season. We have are aswel for the future , is he a lb or cm tho?

Gaya or Dasilva?

Both are LBs, Ian Wright claimed Dasilva is better than any EPL LB at the moment too :pac:

I'd be ok going forward with our current FBs but its an area that has to be addressed in the short term.

If we can however sort out a 2nd GK and 2nd CF in the next few weeks I'll be happy, anything else after those 2 main areas of concern will be a huge bonus.

I'd love one marquee signing, last year we were blessed with two but I dont think we'll see that this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ivanovic is on the wane. He's a menace in the box for sure, but defensively his best days are behind him. He's still better than most of the fullbacks out there, but its better to plan ahead. So you buy another left back and play Azpi there, or buy a right back like Clyne. It makes sense.

Kirby wrote: »
    Ivanovic is on the wane. He's a menace in the box for sure, but defensively his best days are behind him. He's still better than most of the fullbacks out there, but its better to plan ahead. So you buy another left back and play Azpi there, or buy a right back like Clyne. It makes sense.

I'd agree that Ivan cant keep producing displays like last season, for most of the games he was very good but when he was bad, he was shocking, his general footballing ability in open play isnt great, he as strong as an ox and very tough to beat 1 on 1 but between himself and Willian on the right its a pretty ineffective avenue.

Any manager worth their salt would say let Chelsea have it out the right, neither can cross to save their lives.

Pool tested the waters with 10m but I wouldnt be surprised to see it reach closer to 20m for Clyne and thats only if he pushes for the move and if he does I reckon Utd will get involved too.

As it stands Ivan at RB and Azp at LB is our best option, I'd prefer a good LB and shift Azp to RB but thats me.

Gaya or Dasilva?

Both are LBs, Ian Wright claimed Dasilva is better than any EPL LB at the moment too :pac:

I'd be ok going forward with our current FBs but its an area that has to be addressed in the short term.

If we can however sort out a 2nd GK and 2nd CF in the next few weeks I'll be happy, anything else after those 2 main areas of concern will be a huge bonus.

I'd love one marquee signing, last year we were blessed with two but I dont think we'll see that this year.

Ake I meant. Stupid spell check in my phone :D

Ake I meant. Stupid spell check in my phone :D

Depends on where Jose wants to use him I suppose :pac:

The post season tour might tell us, I can see him lining out in CM anyway but I dont think he'll be good enough for us in the long term to hold down or even fight for a place there.

I want Loftus-Cheek to stake a claim for that position, push Cesc into the number 10 role.

AS (that means "take with a pinch of salt" in Spanish) is reporting that Courtois (Spanish Girlfriend) Filipe Luis (not playing enough) and Diego Costa (misses Madrid life) all wish to return to Spain ! :rolleyes:

greendom wrote: »
    AS (that means "take with a pinch of salt" in Spanish) is reporting that Courtois (Spanish Girlfriend) Filipe Luis (not playing enough) and Diego Costa (misses Madrid life) all wish to return to Spain ! :rolleyes:

The Costa and Luis story is nothing new, something similar surfaced a few weeks ago from Spain too.

I'm not sure Courtois g/f is Spanish either, she was De Bruynes ex, AFAIK shes Belgian and has just given birth to his daughter about 2 days ago.

They can hav eLuis back if they want though :pac:

The Costa and Luis story is nothing new, something similar surfaced a few weeks ago from Spain too.

I'm not sure Courtois g/f is Spanish either, she was De Bruynes ex, AFAIK shes Belgian and has just given birth to his daughter about 2 days ago.

They can hav eLuis back if they want though :pac:

Here's the link -

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/05/29/primera/1432859932_054241.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement