Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What is this yoke, seen a few managers wearing it lately

341155.png

Edit: prostate cancer. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057392954

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

can anyone help me find an article about China sending football players to academies in the USA I think in the 80s or 90s, I'm sure I read it here.

Anyone watching Better Call Saul? When I first heard they were making a spin off from BB I was worried. I thought it would taint BB in some way but BCS is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Anyone watching Better Call Saul? When I first heard they were making a spin off from BB I was worried. I thought it would taint BB in some way but BCS is fantastic.
    Yea, its top. You would have to be a BB fan I think - just to appriciate some of the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah it's great!

cadaliac wrote: »
    Yea, its top. You would have to be a BB fan I think - just to appriciate some of the stuff.

Jeez that was quick,you normally have to wait days for a reply on this thread :).

Yeah I'm really loving it. Have you any idea how many episodes it's running for and if they're doing a second season? I hope they are.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm loving it too, great show so far. I think it's ten episodes for season 1, not sure how many seasons they'll do, I presume they'll at least keep going until he's where he's at at the start of BB.

Would love if it went into Saul post BB too eventually.
    No Mike then though :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm loving it too, great show so far. I think it's ten episodes for season 1, not sure how many seasons they'll do, I presume they'll at least keep going until he's where he's at at the start of BB.

Would love if it went into Saul post BB too eventually.
    No Mike then though :(

Only 10? Bah,you've ruined my day :(:p

The first few mins of Ep1 was post BB,wasn't it? They could do that I suppose...he's such a great character.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only 10? Bah,you've ruined my day :(:p

The first few mins of Ep1 was post BB,wasn't it? They could do that I suppose...he's such a great character.

Well i think it's ten because they have release dates for two more episodes listed on Netflix.

Yeah i think that bit was post BB, at first I thought they were going to chop and change between past and present for the whole show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well i think it's ten because they have release dates for two more episodes listed on Netflix.

Yeah i think that bit was post BB, at first I thought they were going to chop and change between past and present for the whole show.
    That would have ruined it though.
    I like the cut off point at the start - where its an independent show to BB now but its all building up to the present day, if you know what I mean.
    Mike is one of my favorite characters. Although, I wonder if Saul ever runs into Hank (Dean Norrris) before he meets Walter.
    That would be just too cool.
    Realistically though, I can't see more than two series.
    I like the way Netflix is showing an ep a week too. Its not like House of Cards where you can get an overload in a weekend and just get sick of it. The one show a week is cool imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

cadaliac wrote: »
    That would have ruined it though.
    I like the cut off point at the start - where its an independent show to BB now but its all building up to the present day, if you know what I mean.
    Mike is one of my favorite characters. Although, I wonder if Saul ever runs into Hank (Dean Norrris) before he meets Walter.
    That would be just too cool.
    Realistically though, I can't see more than two series.
    I like the way Netflix is showing an ep a week too. Its not like House of Cards where you can get an overload in a weekend and just get sick of it. The one show a week is cool imo.

House of Cards isn't on TV though. BCS is showing weekly on AMC in the US so Netflix can't release anything before it's aired there.

House of Cards isn't on TV though. BCS is showing weekly on AMC in the US so Netflix can't release anything before it's aired there.

Yeah there's a lot of stuff on Netflix that's labeled "Netflix Original" but is actually just a show they bought the screening rights for. For example The Fall is tagged as a Netflix show on some of the foreign regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Web site words of choice

Rodgers hails returning Ibe Clubcall.com 13:28

Rodgers hails "sensational" Ibe Belfast Telegraph 13:26

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers hails 'sensational' Jordon Ibe and as star prepares...

Brendan Rodgers hails “sensational” Jordon Ibe This is Anfield 13:06

Swoop is another favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Can't decide between the Arsenal game and the Utd one. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm watching a star wars film for the first time. Episode 4. Appreciate it's a little dated now but just not getting into it.

A bit Meh to be honest, the other ones I take it get better?

Edit: Switched off empire strikes back after 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Miguel Delaney gets a lot of credence around here, but here he is being made bits of by Graham Linehan - creator of Fr Ted.

345961.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This was good too
    T2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

'Atta boy Graham hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Apparently Graham is a bit of a príck on twitter then?

D'Agger wrote: »
    Apparently Graham is a bit of a príck on twitter then?

Well he could have said what he said without tagging Graham in the tweet. It's fair game then in my opinion.

Well he could have said what he said without tagging Graham in the tweet. It's fair game then in my opinion.
    Oh yeah - not defending that guy but think I saw this on reddit yesterday and based on the comments underneath - Graham has previous for being blunt in calling people out & arguments in general

D'Agger wrote: »
    Oh yeah - not defending that guy but think I saw this on reddit yesterday and based on the comments underneath - Graham has previous for being blunt in calling people out & arguments in general

I wouldn't know, I'm just going on that one exchange. It would piss me off if somebody was seeking me out to tell me how sh*t my work is.

I wouldn't know, I'm just going on that one exchange. It would piss me off if somebody was seeking me out to tell me how sh*t my work is.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying - apparently this isn't the first exchange Linehan has had - I wouldn't know much myself tbh I'm rarely on twitter but it was interesting to see people turning a bit on such a beloved comic.

At the same time it's a tweet - ignore it, he's had plenty of praise on that medium and I'm sure he gets plenty of abuse he ignores, strange to see him lashing out, bad day perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Doesn't get more exciting than this on a Wednesday.

Interactive map. Twitter. Premier League teams. :)

Find Out Who Is The Most Popular Premier League Club In Your Area On Twitter

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just posting here to stop tanga...etc's username from distorting the columns on the forum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyone else see the vine of supposedly Kyle Walkers missus? Don't want to go into to much detail but it's pretty vulgar.

Won't post links or anything but can easily be found on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'll never look at a pug the same way again.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well that was something I didn't want to see.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Classy.

Is definitely not a word I would associate with the girlfriend or Walker after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Next time find out what its about first

When you read Licking + Dog + woman's below = must avoid.

And life goes on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

jesus fecking wept.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,368 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kyle Walker's dog has had sexual relations with a hotter woman than I ever have.

346554.jpg

Scrap the cap!

Word from the Walker camp is that he's been falsely linked to the video Diane, more on that as it comes in

sp_1302_06.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

CDZffr5WAAEc14z.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ian Curtis's 30th anniversary

Flashing gif warning

yFgyDSe.gif?1

Hope nobody is epileptic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Might be best to tag that and warn just in case.

Even me looking at it for second made me dizzy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Might be best to tag that and warn just in case.

Even me looking at it for second made me dizzy :)

Using the dark theme, can't tag. :o

Anybody know what sort of excess charge car rental companies put on fuel if you leave a car back without a full tank? I've a very early flight and it looks like there's no 24hr near me.

Ireland or anywhere else I've rented, with one exception - they'll screw you senseless for half a thimbleful. Something like €25 refuelling fee + cost of fuel at 150-200% of normal pump rate

Lanzarote - if on a cursory inspection the car still has four wheels on it, all is good

Scrap the cap!

Ireland or anywhere else I've rented, with one exception - they'll screw you senseless for half a thimbleful. Something like €25 refuelling fee + cost of fuel at 150-200% of normal pump rate

Lanzarote - if on a cursory inspection the car still has four wheels on it, all is good

Cheers, got one at the airport thank feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Out of interest, when is the thread about improving the forum gonna be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Whoever closed the '05 champions league final thread, just because somebody bumped it, is an awful gimp. Talk about taking things to an overly bureaucratic level.

..Go hiontach, cárta!

• Advertisement

There'll be an end of season feedback thread at some point in the coming weeks as usual, if you can't wait until then there is also the feedback forum. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cool that's fair enough thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭thomasj

Haha sport on sky news, just read out that Inverness CT was beating falkirk 1-0 latest score and then realised that was yesterdays match!

Summer me arse!!! 1st of June and I'm half tempted to put the heating on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Go to cinema to see Mad Max: Fury Road.

Thank me later

• Advertisement
Advertisement