Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It would need to be the biggest points deduction in history to be any use to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah at least 15 points would be great, make the last two games even more exciting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Probably end up with a 15 point deduction for Leeds somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭jacool

Brentford beat Wednesday away in February, and beat QPR easily over the weekend.
    That game was classified as a West London Derby, as is this weekend's fixture !
    Fulham have three main rivals, QPR, Chelsea and Brentford. Let's hope that focuses their collective spirit!!
    Just a pity its a home game for Fulham, unless their fans get at them !!

Aye, I'm heading over on Saturday so trying to convince myself that there's still a slight chance

Fear it's going to be like a morgue at ER though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Dream scenario on Saturday:
    Leeds win against Norwich 1-0
    Ipswich beat Sheff Wed 1-0
    Brentford beat or draw with Fulham

Table (GD | Points):
    5 Sheff Wed 15 | 78
    6 Fulham 26 | 76
    7 Leeds 15 | 76

If this happens, it's back in our hands - a win against Wigan will give us a playoff spot, as Fulham face Sheff Wed. Draw would be ok, but relying on Sheff Wed and Brentford beating Fulham.

I'm still keeping the hope. :D

iseegirls wrote: »
    Dream scenario on Saturday:
    Leeds win against Norwich 1-0
    Ipswich beat Sheff Wed 1-0
    Brentford beat or draw with Fulham

Table (GD | Points):
    5 Sheff Wed 15 | 78
    6 Fulham 26 | 76
    7 Leeds 15 | 76

If this happens, it's back in our hands - a win against Wigan will give us a playoff spot, as Fulham face Sheff Wed. Draw would be ok, but relying on Sheff Wed and Brentford beating Fulham.

I'm still keeping the hope. :D

I'm sorry, but I just won't stand for optimism here. If there's one thing we've learned over the years it's that no good ever comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I just won't stand for optimism here. If there's one thing we've learned over the years it's that no good ever comes of it.

Hard as I tried (based on past experiences) I just couldn't contain the optimism growing since the start of the season. I kept waiting for the crash, think the few blips were the start of it but after getting to March I really thought we couldn't not be in the playoffs at least. When will I learn!

I even got my son his first Leeds jersey (after saying I wouldn't do it to him until he was older), I already feel bad for him.

I even got my son his first Leeds jersey (after saying I wouldn't do it to him until he was older), I already feel bad for him.

I feel bad for him and I've never even met the kid.

It just sounds cruel.

During today's presser, Monk stated again that there won't be any talks on his future until June.

While it's been so disappointing to see the play off hopes eroded, and maybe there are question marks over the lack of a Plan B/overreliance on Chris Wood, overall this season has still exceeded expectations and Monk should be offered a new deal asap imo.

I'm a little surprised the owner's are still sticking to this approach in view of the mooted interest from Norwich. Surely leaving it till June will have a knock on effect on pre-season and recruitment planning as well....have they learned nothing from the Steve Evans situation last year?

Starting to think that Radrizzani might be waiting to bring in his own man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agreed.
    Obviously the last few weeks have been disappointing but overall this season has been very positive and there are a lot of good things to build on for next season.

1. Team spirit is back which is something we have been missing since Grayson was in charge
    2. Solid back 5 which gives us a fighting chance of being competitive in matches even if we are being outplayed
    3. Lots of promising young talent have a full season under their belt whilst others who impressed such as Jansson have signed up.
    4. Most importantly a talented, determined, diplomatic and ambitious young manager

We absolutely have to tie down Monk and the sooner the better so that he can start work on the summer transfers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Norwich just gone 1 up. Looks like we're gone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Make that 2-0 to Norwich. A collapse of epic proportions this season.

Listening on LUTV. confidence shattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So disappointing but it'll give Monk an insight into what is needed to get them up to scratch

3-0!!! Disgraceful stuff. Time to turn the radio off.

3-1 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Kingp35 wrote: »
    3-0!!! Disgraceful stuff. Time to turn the radio off.

1-3 now.

Fulham 1-1. Still hanging in for that miracle.

• Advertisement

3-2!

The hope, it'll kill us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

The ups and downs of being a Leeds fan are definitely unique !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

Shlippery wrote:
    Listening on LUTV. confidence shattered.

Listening to Thom Kirwan and Eddie Gray ? Would sound the same if we were 3 up #popeyandwhelan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

**** yes, lets win it now!!!

3-3! What a match. Plenty of time left

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Good draw in the end, but the drop in form over the past few weeks means C'sip football again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What a disappointingly end to a potentially great season.

ONE more win anywhere during the season would have had us up there.

quarryman wrote: »

I suppose the flip side to that is look at how many points we picked up from late goals throughout the season. We picked up quite a few wins and draws that in previous seasons we would have long given up on, so hopefully that positive attitude can carry into next season.

What a disappointingly end to a potentially great season.

That Tom Crainey last minute goal for Fulham :( However, we had our fair share of Smash and Grabs to be fair.

Our problem all season, when you analyse it, is our midfield, and is more likely because we chopped and changed it so much. Think of the 91/92 squad which had that midfield of Speed, McAlister, Batty and Strachan for the majority of the season, and they are the ones given all the credit really for the title success.

With the defence almost picking itself from week to week, and Wood up top, we never had a midfield which picked itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Very disappointing but now's the time the club start planning for next season.

The need to secure Monk, Jansson and make sure Wood stays. Clear out some of the players who simply aren't going to get us where we need to go.Hopefully, they've identified some talented players to sign during the summer.

In dire need need of another striker (who can actually score goals consistently).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I just hope to f*ck Huddersfield don't go up now.

I just hope to f*ck Huddersfield don't go up now.

Always find a form team goes up, so it won't be them. I'd say Wednesday would best them, Fulham too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Will monk get sacked by our crackpot owner now that he has to refund some season ticket moneys?

Will monk get sacked by our crackpot owner now that he has to refund some season ticket moneys?

Apparently the cost is about 1m.

As for the crackpot owner, i think that Radrizzani is really in control. However, he might have a mate of his own in mind. He obviously has to option to take 100% control in June and it's maybe interesting that discussions with Monk are also continuously reiterated as June

championc wrote: »
    As for the crackpot owner, i think that Radrizzani is really in control.

I kinda assumed Radrizzani is only a front for Cellini in some other guise, why would billionaire and egotist Cellini bring in some guy with nothing like his wealth to boss him at what he views as his club? I'd be surprised if Radrizzani is anything other than a yes man and a connection in the world where sports meets business.

When Andrea Radrizzani took to the stage last night to present the Player of the Year award to Chris Wood we didn't expect him to say much, but we were wrong. The soft speaking Italian said that he was surprised to find Leeds "in the 70's" in terms of infrastructure and facilities before moving on to other topics.

Garry Monk was what we all wanted to hear but he said we were to wait a few more weeks before news on the manager. In my opinion Andrea Radrizzani may let Garry Monk leave when those few weeks are up, he didn't give any indication that he was keen on speaking to Monk. He also added in that Massimo Cellino deserved praise "as they were HIS players and HIS coach". That may be a hint that Radrizzani sees someone else as his man in the very near future.

Radrizzani turned up with some guests and was a popular man amongst fans on the night, many wanting a picture with the man they believe will help us get back to the Premier League. Radrizzani seems like he is running the show at the moment, Massimo Cellino nowhere to be seen or heard which is extremely rare. Radrizzani is certainly the face of the club in terms of the owners at the moment and if you didn't know the club well you would think he is the soul owner of the club, something that doesn't seem to be far away.

Radrizzani and Monk will meet in the coming weeks but it does feel like any decision has already been made. Monk has said he is keen to carry on but needs the club to agree with his thoughts. There is no doubt he is the man we need and the fans have taken to social media today to get the #SignGarryMonk trending on Twitter. The polls are a clear sweep and you'll be lucky to find a fan who doesn't want Monk as the man going forward. From the outside looking in it would seem madness to let Monk go but according to Alan Nixon, a reliable source, the club are going to let him go and move on to a foreign coach.

Something I read yesterday suggested that Monk wasn't going to be kept on and that the club were using Ivan Bravo's contacts to find a Spanish coach to take over. No suggestion as to who might be in the frame, but it seems to me that replacing a manager who just missed out on the playoffs with one who probably has no experience of English football seem is as ridiculous as anything Cellino has come up with in the past. We'd be essentially going back to square one with the players, coaching staff and tactics and rather than maintaining consistency and building on what has been achieved this season, it would be starting from scratch again and handing the advantage to our rivals as we play catch-up from the start of the season. Ensuring that Monk is given at least one more season is the only logical progression from this season, but even that's no use unless he's guaranteed some funds to plug some of the more obvious deficiencies in the squad, such as a partner for Wood up front. I believe that the absence of new signings in January is what ultimately spoiled our season, and we can't let lack of proper investment be what continually defines how the club performs.

Lots of noise at the moment...

Nothing that Radz had said publicly would suggest they're keen to keep Monk. Then there was the article in the Sun yesterday morning saying he'd be sacked, from a journo who may or may not be in with Cellino's crowd,
    followed last night by one of the 'in-the-know' fans tweeting that Monk was being kept on and backed this summer based on info from a senior staff member at the club.

Who really knows what the feck is going on....maybe it's all up in the air until Cellino is bought out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Aaron Lennon struggling with mental issues and sounds like he was close to suicide or something on a motorway. Been detained by mental health services. Pity he never fully became as good as he looked in his early 20s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Alot of pessimism going on here. If Wednesday beat Fulham, a comfortably 14-0 victory over Wigan would still do the trick.

Alot of pessimism going on here. If Wednesday beat Fulham, a comfortably 14-0 victory over Wigan would still do the trick.

I know! Didn't we beat a team 16-0 in a friendly about 2 years ago. The form is there. Wigan won't be putting up any fight at all. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

We''ll try and do our bit. Might stick this lad on the bench on sunday.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/owls-fan-cristiano-ronaldo-plans-hillsborough-visit-to-see-sheffield-wednesday-win-promotion-1-8323858

Throw a bet on that it won't happen, is feel more confident then ;)

Bought a new widescreen TV to watch the championship play-offs but I'm going to return it because it comes with no Leeds!

Bought a new widescreen TV to watch the championship play-offs but I'm going to return it because it comes with no Leeds!

I got sent that in work today. Let's just say that someone's appraisal this year won't be going as well as they'd hope for...

Zaph wrote: »
    I got sent that in work today. Let's just say that someone's appraisal this year won't be going as well as they'd hope for...

It's so bad it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

The End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Another season were this club belongs and hopefully many many more years to come.

• Advertisement

Another season were this club belongs and hopefully many many more years to come.

Say that again? (Confused)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement